• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Wizard of Paws

merello

I found a great canine care centre near us cheekily named the Wizard of Paws. A friend used their self service dog wash as her pooch is too big to use the bath in the house and had recommended it.

Kaley can be a real handful bathing so we decided to test this place out as it's the school holidays. It was fantastic - you had your own doggie bath at waist level ( which was great for my back!!) and they supplied shampoo, conditioner, fluffy clean towels and the option of doggie cologne. Even Kaley didn't try to make an escaope for it.

It stocked some fantastic dog products ( Elise has her eye on the dog sprays that are all take offs of famous perfumes and aftershaves.) At the moment they only have that place but I hope they open more as we'll use it again.

Kaley is sitting here a wee fluff ball smelling of DKNY doggie spray!!

You can see it at www.wizardofpaws.com

oh my goodness, this is EXACTLY what my sister inlaw and I want to open! We want to offer the self serve thing, and then also have a couple groomers available for those who might want a clipping. My SIL is just finishing her training as a dog trainer!

I know you're in Scotland, but did you feel the pricing was fair?

We even have a building we're keeping our eyes on that we'd like to check out better. I'm excited seeing this!

Cindy and Claire

I thought it was brilliant value. They also offer a loyalty card where you get your 10th wash free. My hubby was a bit cynical about it but he was pleasantly surprised how spotless and well run it was. I'm surprised there aren't more of these places.

I don't want to leave Kaley with a groomer to get washed and I struggle bathing her in our bath with my back so this place was ideal. I had a choice of heights for washing her( obviously depending on your dogs size) and waist level was perfect. Usually Kaley tries to jump out the bath but she was fine here.

I hope you and your sister in law manage to open a place like this as from we saw yesterday it's very successful.

I'm going to send the link to her. I realize it's in the UK, but my SIL saw one here in the States, but we have nothing like this local to us, and yet we have a very decent Canine population where I live. People are always looking for ways to save money, and this would be one way.

There are some other things we'd like to do there, but we'd start with the self grooming/grooming aspect (maybe daycare?).....we will see.

Don't know if you could see they did a doggie creche too. It's only for the day not an overnight thing but it's not kennels just a large indoor area where lots of different dogs could interact , play with dog toys or just lie down.
It seemed popular too. The area they have used is an old warehouse sort of building but the inside has been made to look fantastic. The self service body wash booths were like little individual beach huts. As I've said my hubby was pleasantly surprised at how well run, clean etc it was so we'll defo take Kaley back.

Thanks so much for all the information.

We have a local day care here that is very big, called Camp Bow Wow. It's like what you are talking about. You can leave your dog overnight, but no one is with them overnight, and they have their own 'camper' kennel.

I just am thinking, if people want to drop their dog off for grooming.......and want to pay a bit extra the dog can stay all day.....

So much still up in the air, and not even sure we can get the money, but we're still thinking along that line. Again, thanks for your help!

Cindy and Claire

Back