• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pet Insurance (Ireland)?

Rosie Posie

Does everyone have their cavalier insured? Anyone in Ireland recommend an insurer? And is there anything specific I need to check on the policy before I take out insurance?

Thanks for the help :)

I have three cavaliers insured.
two with petinsure.ie
one with allianz petplan.
petinsure is a bit cheaper,from what I can see,both give much the same level of cover.
Sins

Thanks. :) Can I ask, is there a reason why you have them insured with different companies? Sorry, not trying to be nosey, just wondering if one is better than the other!

I insured my first cavalier with Allianz.
Then when the second came along,Petinsure had a very good introductory offer pricewise.My first one has Syringomyelia so I can't change companies now as it would be classed as a pre existing condition.My new puppy was put with petinsure purely on price.

Sins

I'm with Allianz too, I can't change now, as both dogs have regular claims for existing conditions. I've found them very good, but they seem to be getting more and more expensive.:(
I had a quick look at the different companies a month or so ago for a friend. I think you need to compare the different elements of cover per company and decide what's best for you ie
what the excess is for each claim,
what the maximum amount of cover is either per illness or per year,
do they insist on annual vaccinations (from memory at least one of the companies does) - some of the companies won't pay out at all if vacs are not up to date, others won't pay out on vac related illnesses
and also the price.icon_nwunsure

Back