PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Millie, a tiny, 10 lb-ish cav or papillon x, needs immediate foster/home!

Karlin
10th April 2011, 01:14 AM
A home has fallen through for this little doglet and she needs urgent and immediate foster. Millie just seems to have had no luck at all in finding her forever home through no fault of her own–every foster she has had has absolutely adored her and she is one of those dogs I thought would be homed within two weeks of coming in to rescue.

She is just what so many people are looking for!! –a small female house trained young dog (about eight months old now). She likes other dogs when she gets to know them and would love a friendly dog friend to chase madly around the garden or to be a solo dog with an active owner. She loves children, adores a lap at the end of the day, walks easily on the lead. She is truly one of the most adorable little rescue dogs I have ever had in seven years of doing rescue. She is loving, playful and fun and a very pretty and smart little dog. She runs so fast that she would make an excellent agility dog if her forever home wanted to get involved in activities, but she'd also love to just play and chase a ball.

She has had a home fall through because another dog didn't like her; because a family changed their mind and decided they didn't want a dog after all; and because she was a bit too young and active for an older owner.

If she was over in Dogs Trust or the ISPCA, where visitors could meet her, I have no doubt she would have a long waiting list of homes.

At the moment she needs a VERY urgent foster place– as in right away. I am really trying to avoid having to stick her into kennels all by herself.

She is vaccinated, spayed, and chipped. Can anyone help with foster until she finds her forever home–or is anyone interested in giving this fabulous little indoor doglet a forever home (perhaps trialing her as a foster?).

http://www.ckcsrescue.com/rescue/homes_needed/Entries/2011/1/9_MILLIE_%28formerly_Rula%21%29_%28HOMED%29_files/shapeimage_1.png

mommytoClaire
10th April 2011, 05:11 AM
She's lovely looking. I can't imagine she'll last long.

Thoughts and prayers,

Cindy and Claire

Shivers
10th April 2011, 10:34 AM
Hi Karlin

I could foster her for her for a bit. Will text you at a more respectable hour. I was her first foster after she had her spay done. Cant believe she is still looking for a home!

Karlin
10th April 2011, 11:28 AM
I know, I thought she'd be homed in an instant as she has a fabulous personality and is so cute. She has been waiting for three months+ for someone to want her permanently. She would without doubt have been homed in days at one of the larger rescues where such a lovely mix and great family dog would be in high demand.

emmastewartliberty
10th April 2011, 12:53 PM
Hi Karlin
I'm away from this wednesday to wed 20th but could foster her after that if you still needed someone? I will be coming back to Dublin late-ish on wednesday 20th , heading down to Clare 21st if that is of any help. She sounds a complete pet.

Karlin
10th April 2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks Emma! She will go over to Siobhan for now and then I will consider what is best and be in touch -- it is simply ridiculous that she hasn't been snapped up so am working some of my other rescue connection for a good home.

Rubysmum
10th April 2011, 06:09 PM
shes exactly what i want ! i have ruby 2 in july and she really wants a friend . unfortunatly my cat is in renal failure and its not fair to consider bringing a new dog in at this stage in her life :( im sure i saw this dog a while ago and her face just does something to me! i really hope shes somewhere nice ,fast x

Rubysmum
10th April 2011, 06:10 PM
out of interest , would you consider shipping a dog to england from ireland ? im in liverpool .

Karlin
11th April 2011, 12:46 AM
I've two requests in for her so will be talking to prospective homes. :*nana:

In the past I have occasionally sent dogs to the UK in cooperation with another reliable rescue but this is rare, as it can be difficult to resolve any problems if a dog doesn't work out.