PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to Karlin

mishy
12th April 2011, 04:42 PM
As the new irishcavalierrescue gets under way I would like to pay tribute to Karlin. I am one of the lucky people who has adopted one of Karlin's rescues (Bubbles) and I am sure there are lots of members on the board who have adopted cavaliers from Karlin over the years. Looking at the number of people who have signed up to the new rescue and having experienced recently just how many people it takes to get a dog safely out of the pound and into foster I appreciate how difficult it must have been for Karlin to do it all on her own for so long. Thank you Karlin and good luck in your retirement!

sins
12th April 2011, 05:25 PM
http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/sSig_agreed.gif
Molly,Harry and Parker all found homes with my parents and extended family.
Some cavaliers were family pets who needed to be rehomed for the most genuine of reasons,but there have been some truly awful cases which will stay in my mind forever,especially Bailey.
Being taken under the wing of Irish cavalier rescue saved him from being almost certainly PTS.
Karlin has earned her break,sound in the knowledge that she's done so much good and made a real difference.
Sins

allie
12th April 2011, 05:31 PM
:thmbsup:

Rj Mac
12th April 2011, 11:05 PM
Our Megan came to us through Karlins rescue, and she's been with us 4 years this summer, and we too will be forever grateful for being trusted enough to give this special wee dog a home:thmbsup:

R.

Shivers
13th April 2011, 09:42 PM
Ah I doubt Karlin will totally bow out of things. ;)

We were lucky enough to adopt Prince, Rosie & Bismarck through ICR and they have just been a pleasure and a joy to have in our family.

pagep
13th April 2011, 10:13 PM
Anyone who rescues dogs of any breed deserves huge credit and appreciation; unfortunately, there seems to be more and more dogs abandoned and neglected -without the efforts of Karlin and others, these dogs would face lives of misery and in many cases be euthanased despite being perfectly good pets.

It was on this site that we saw our own rescue cavalier Waldo just 6 weeks ago -he has turned out to be the most adorable and well behaved dog, and we all love him dearly.

Leaving aside what Karlin has done for the dogs, how many peoples and families lives has she helped change for the better by the wonderful work she does?

Even though she has stepped back, I am sure she will still be there as a guiding hand for the new group.