• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sydney at emergency room yesterday

Sydneys Mom

Since last Thursday, Sydney has had problems having a bowel movement. On Sunday, he was really straining to go and got a little wobbly. Yesterday, thinking it was his anal sacs, I brought him into the vet to have them expressed. Before they had a chance to do it, the vet examined him and told me he has now developed an arrhythmia and we needed to rush him to the emergency hospital where his cardiologist practices. The cardio dr. is out of town so he saw the ER doctor who confirmed the arrhythmia. (Just some background, he has MVD/CHF/PAH.

The ER is conferring with cardio dr. over the phone to decide which meds he needs. Seems like this developed within the past 2 weeks. His condition was so bad last night we thought we were going to lose him. He is resting comfortably now. It is so scary seeing his condition change so quickly. I feel like I’ve been blindsided never thinking that I was going to get that news yesterday.

Please keep Sydney in your thoughts that the new meds will help. Not sure what they are going to give him yet. Still waiting for that info.

Last edited:
Hi Joyce

Just to let you know I am thinking of you and Sydney.
It is so frightening when our dogs become poorly and we have
to wait for the Vet to do their job.
Let us know how he is tomorrow.

Nanette xxx

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I'll be keeping Sydney in my prayers that the meds will work and help with the issues at hand.

Cindy and Claire

Thanks everyone. Just got back from picking up the meds. He's now taking Digoxin and Diltiazem in addition to the furosemide, enalapril and vetmedin. Does anyone know anything about these drugs. There seem to be quite a few side effects. :(

Thinking of you and Sydney.

My tri, Tyla has been on Enalapril and Puresis for about 3 years now. She was at the vet last week and her arythmia and he has put her on Purgoxin. He would like her on Vetmedin but unfortunately it is a bit costly at the moment (not getting paid and seems work will be closing down very soon).

I think the Pergoxin is the same as Digoxin. It seems her appetite is not like it was but I see this can be a side effect.

Hope the meds work wonders for Sydney.

Back