• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Smog warning

Kate H

Temperatures in the UK are set to go on rising in many places this weekend, but we now have an added smog warning. No, not the pea-soupers I remember from growing up in London, but dirty particles (especially from car exhausts, and there'll be plenty of those on the roads for the next few days) reacting with the sunlight to create very poor air quality. Dangerous for those with asthma and allergies, but also dangerous for any of our Cavaliers with heart or respiratory problems. So please make sure they stay quiet and cool over the next few days.

I find that opening doors and windows in the early morning, to let in cool air, and as soon as the sun moves round to shine in, closing doors and windows and drawing curtains, really helps to keep the house cool.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

A thoughtful warning, Kate, for which many thanks for the good advice. It's been quite difficult enough with the unexpected heatwave without facing this new hazard too.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that the predicted showers in the English Midlands will materialise and help clear the air - though I realise that all the Easter weekend revellers will not be sharing my wish!

Hope everyone manages to keep themselves and their doggies
Cool.gif

Back