• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier dreams?

Blondiemonster

I noticed I dream of Blondie very often. For those of you who remember their dreams.. do you dreams of your dogs often? Last night my dream wasn't so pleasent! Blondie had run off into this crazy city with also crazy woods and I had to go find her!!! I was ffreaking out in my dreams calling her name everywhere.. Then I saw a cavalier and it looked like Blondie but then all of a sudden it "morphed" into a cat and sadly it wasn't her... I was so happy I woke up with her snoring on the bed!! Lord!! Usually my dreams are more pleasant though. heheh

A lot of dreams I have might just have the presence of Bobby and Belle there, like any member of my family would be. Also I've had troublesome worrying dreams about them being stolen, lost, hurt, etc.
The most recent dream I had was that someone had shut down my market stall and took away the dogs saying I was not fit to be in business and not capable of caring for a dog. It was weird, but I just think it was anxiety and worry coming out in my dreams and I do worry about my little doggies.
Funny we were at the beach this weekend and I was afraid a wave would come in and sweep both Bobby and Belle away so I put them back on their leads. Poor things, they sensed my fear because they kept close to me and wouldn't go back near the waves.

I keep having a recurring dream that people are saying i have the wrong dog and they take her away and give me a different one which i know isnt mimi but nobody will believe me and i cant bond with this new dog at all and its quite upsettng, i have no idea what this means but all i know is when i wake up and see mimi i instantly know she is mine.

You need a dream book! I live by mine...my hubby hates me disecting his "inner thoughts" :lol: but I think it's fun!

I could write the whole passage I just read on dogs and dogs breaking free...but to spare my fingers, dogs in general are always positive associations in your dreams no matter what they are doing. Though the book says that if your dog runs off or you drop the leash, you could be afraid of losing something you love (dog being the metaphor of "love" since your natural tendency of dog is unconditional love). Maybe a friend the book said?? Ha, listen to me, I am trying to be the crystal ball reader!b*n*n* The book is fun anyway.

But regardless my funny dream book says that dog dreams are pretty literal so like Desrae says, if you are having bad dreams about our little pups running away, you probably are nervous they are going to run away (at least I always am! ha).

Does anyone believe that in some way if a dog or loved one passes, somehow they come in dreams? Tuesday night was bad but I think something happened and Wednesday I had a whole different outlook. So it was a good dream

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I used to dream about my dog as a pup, as she slept downstairs..Now, she has manipulated herself to the bottom of our bed. Providing I can feel the weight of her on my feet, I don't tend to dream about her.

Absolutely.... dreams can do this!!

Does anyone believe that in some way if a dog or loved one passes, somehow they come in dreams? Tuesday night was bad but I think something happened and Wednesday I had a whole different outlook. So it was a good dream

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Ann, someone else here posted about one of their rainbow Cav visiting them in their dreams to comfort them. I am sure Ms Ella would do that. She is an angel after all... looking after you and other Cavvies too. :hug:I also believe their spirits live and they will be waiting for us.

When I put my Rottweiler, Gary, to sleep, I had dreams of him quite often. They were ones of him miraculously coming back to life, healthy and happy. I think it was a mixture of me missing him and being sad along with thoughts that he is happy and pain free over the rainbow bridge. I still miss that guy.

Ann, someone else here posted about one of their rainbow Cav visiting them in their dreams to comfort them. I am sure Ms Ella would do that. She is an angel after all... looking after you and other Cavvies too. :hug:I also believe their spirits live and they will be waiting for us.

I believe this with all my heart!! She will never stray from you, Anne. You have a bond that will never be broken and she will find her way to you to let you know that she is ok. It is easiest for loved ones to do this when we are sleeping...our mind is at rest with no distractions.

We had a family dog growing up (husky mix)..my parents got her the same year I was born and we always had a special bond. She died suddenly when I was 12. To this day I will have the occasional dream that I am back at our old home and she is sitting by her dog house...I smile and go hug her and she kisses me. I wake up happy..I think it is her way of visiting me and telling me she is ok.

My husband's mother went to a psychic one day. Just out of curiosity really. Not too long into her session, the psychic told her that she always had a dog near her. A black german shepherd. And at that very moment he was sitting next to her with his head on her lap. They had put their black shepherd down a few years prior to that-she was floored!

Back