PDA

View Full Version : Please help! Ella still not well.

anniemac
27th April 2011, 05:28 PM
On the way to vet. Ella still vomitting and was hiding in closet. Could not find her. She is crying and I had a very hard time even giving medicine this morning. Talked to vet and he said to bring her in (would have anyway). Said he will tell partner to maybe take xrays and bloodwork. She has been vomitting since Monday morning. Any suggestions on what this could be besides stomach bug?

Should I ask for them to look at anything specific in bloodwork. I hate to see her crying. I'm really scared.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

GraciesMom
27th April 2011, 05:34 PM
I am wondering about poisonous stuff in her or pancreatitis. I wish I was near you to be there with you. I know you are terrified for Ella right now. Main thing is to try to be calm for her and get fluids in her. Call me if you need me.

Charlifarley
27th April 2011, 06:20 PM
Poor Ella, I'm sure the vet will do whatever tests are needed to find out what's wrong and get her back on the road to recovery quickly. Will be thinking of you both this evening.

mommytoClaire
28th April 2011, 02:59 AM
Did the Vet rule out pancreatitis?

anniemac
28th April 2011, 04:09 AM
Did the Vet rule out pancreatitis?

Vet said bloodwork did not show something that would suggest that but said they could still have it w/o this coming up in bloodwork. Since she is not drinking and still not well, vet said to go to hospital. They are keeping her on fluids and said it could be 3 days. May do ultrasound tomorrow which would give a better picture. Seeing if reacts to whatever they give her first. I hope its nothing and I can't believe I'm saying this but this has cost me over $1000.

She has to be on fluids but lord knows why its that much w/o ultrasound.

Things really hit when a woman came in panicked b/c her dog (britney spaniel) was not breathing and when the dog came in with help holding her, it was the hardest thing to see. I heard something like a heartattack but this seems like nothing when a dog comes in looking like nothing I've seen before.

BrooklynMom
28th April 2011, 04:23 AM
Oh wow. I have no advice, but just wanted to say that I was thinking of you and sending all my healing thoughts your way. Good luck and give Ella a big pet from Brooklyn. We hope she gets better fast!!!

anniemac
28th April 2011, 02:12 PM
Ella is in the ICU still. One thing that concerns me and I talked (emailed) neurologist yesterday but he is out of town on a triathalon, is her not being on her medication for SM. She spit up again last night at the ICU, but I would think being at the same hospital as neurologist, they would know a little more about her medication etc. I asked because I was concerned especially about her not taking prednisone. They have been able to give her pain medication but they are saying she has not perked up and that concerns them for this long being like this.

I talked to the ICU doctor this morning because she mentioned maybe doing an ultrasound but was not pushing it. I know this sounds terrible but I have spent over $1000 on this and an ultrasound would be almost $500. I asked if she thought it was neccesary I would of course add to the care credit card I got last night, but I really think it is something combined with SM. They said she is still real lethargic and has not perked up. I told them that I thought she is in pain anyway (it is managed on medication) so being off of lyrica, prednisone (got a little tramadol), and prilosec has to contribute to her behavior. She told me they would give her prednisone and I am going to go tonight to see if I can feed her.

They can't compare her behavior with others because being of treatment for SM is going to make her seem uncomfortable. She isnt scratching, shaking her head, yelping, etc. but she is definately showing pain.

Gastrointitis (spelling) is what they believe but since this has been going on since monday at 4am it should be somewhat managed. I think the ringworm combined with not taking SM medication compound the issue. When I gave her the medication she vomited so I wonder if there are withdrawals also. I know on some medication for humans there are.

RodRussell
28th April 2011, 02:26 PM
We are praying for you and Ella, Anne.

Furrfoot
28th April 2011, 03:29 PM
Praying...

GraciesMom
28th April 2011, 05:24 PM
Is there any way to give her the medication she needs with injection to bypass the tummy??

anniemac
28th April 2011, 05:28 PM
Is there any way to give her the medication she needs with injection to bypass the tummy??

I called and they are giving her prednisone. I also asked dr. Brofmans partner dr. Bergman (neurologist) could examine her and consult.

GraciesMom
28th April 2011, 05:29 PM
She has been my special friend when I first joined the board....we both live in the same state about 2.5 hours apart. She and Ella have become very important to me personally in ways that are hard to explain. Feel helpless right now... but just feeling her painful battle so much. She and Ella are my heroes.:hug:

anniemac
28th April 2011, 07:14 PM
She has been my special friend when I first joined the board....we both live in the same state about 2.5 hours apart. She and Ella have become very important to me personally in ways that are hard to explain. Feel helpless right now... but just feeling her painful battle so much. She and Ella are my heroes.:hug:

That is so sweet. I know I was very excited when you joined and hope one day I can meet gracie. You know I feel she is in the best place. Its tough because you have to trust professionals but I also feel better once I called and asked to have neurologist look at her. They told me dr. Bergman would only call if something needs to be addressed and I called to get update and was told that he is going to call me.

Now I wonder how this could be neurological? How can she go from running to the ocean to this? Wouldn't a dog with SM not just suddenly stop eating and vomiting? It has to be because of the combination. Plus she still has not had any bowel movements and I heard yesterday her intestines and colon were full even though stomach was empty.

If only her neurologist did not move to matthews so her opthomologist would be at same location as neurologist and cardiologist. At least I believe its not heart related because the doctor in icu checked that.

3cavies
28th April 2011, 08:03 PM
Hi Anne,
I just saw this and I'm so sorry Ella is having such a difficult time. I hope they find out what's wrong and she feels better soon. Thinking of you :)

Nicki
28th April 2011, 08:14 PM
Oh Anne I'm so sorry I've only just picked this up - poor Precious Ella - I'm so very sorry, you must be so desperately worried about her :(:(:(

I don't really have any advice for you - the only thing I can think if she's not had a bowel movement is that there is an obstruction - has she been x-rayed or is that why they want to do the ultrasound?

With SM they can take a sudden downturn, and if she is not having all her medication it could be that she is so lethargic from that - and she could have withdrawal like people get. Being that blocked up would make her feel very miserable too.

Sending you our love, please keep us posted and know you are both in our thoughts xx

anniemac
28th April 2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks nicki! They did an xray and couldn't see anything. Said they may see how she acts today to do ultrasound but I thought they better talk to neurologist. Will know after 6.

Reptigirl
28th April 2011, 09:03 PM
So sorry Anne!

My computer has been down so I am really behind on things... but if you recently went to the beach... Just a thought... I have been told that drinking ocean water can make a dog really sick. Is it possible she drank or some how swallowed some sea water?
I'm not totally sure why it makes them so sick but something to do with the large amounts of salt in the water. Also the parasites and bacteria... I was told that a long time ago when I used to go to the beach a lot.

I hope Ella feels better soon....

Blondiemonster
28th April 2011, 09:27 PM
Oh my god I just read this, poor Ella... I am so sorry Anne!! God... Not fair for Ella at all. When I went in with Blondie vomiting blood 6 months ago a woman brought in her dog as I was waiting, she had come home and the dog collapsed. It was dying in her arms and I heard the woman scream when they told the dog passed from the examination room, it was TERRIBLE!! Not the most comforting situation for you to be in..
I have no idea what could be wrong with Ella, but I assume being of meds makes her miserable, I can only hope they can give her something for pain in her bloodstream?? And maybe it is an obstruction. She can have an obstruction just the poop being stuck and hard.. I don't know if xrays would show that or the ultrasound... But I know her belly would be hard and probably swell a bit..
The woman at the tanning salon told me her dog had that and they had to go in..
Dont u have insurance? Please email me anytime!!!!! i have my iphone so can reply right away..

Blondiemonster
28th April 2011, 09:30 PM
oh and please please update us on what the neuro said!!

Zumie05
28th April 2011, 11:01 PM
When Coco went through her ordeal we spend $125 at the neruo, another 100 at the vet for initial testing, $50 for food/medication, $400 for an ultrasound, then another $50 to re run blood testing. $700 later she seems to be acting normal ...these guys really drain our pockets because we care so much for them.

Hang in there. Coco and I are thinking about you and Ella. I hope they figure out what is wrong soon.

Love my Cavaliers
29th April 2011, 01:47 AM
No words of wisdom, just to let you know that my doggies and I are all thinking of you and Ella and are hoping for the best. Hoping to get a very positive update soon - please!!!

tara
29th April 2011, 01:52 AM
I am so sorry to read this! I will keep both of you in my prayers.

I second the suggestion of an obstruction. Your story sounds EXACTLY like what our cat went through a year ago. She stopped eating, was very lethargic, repeated vomiting, etc. Her vet did several x-rays and ultrasound. She was given de-worming medication, antibiotics, extensive blood / stool tests, IV fluids, you name it. Finally my vet thought everything else but hidden obstruction had been ruled out and said we needed to do an abdominal exploratory surgery as some obstructions don't show on x-ray or ultrasound. I agreed as it was clear it was the last option.

It turned out there was A TINY RED BARBIE SHOE wedged in her large intestine. She must have swallowed it whole as it was providing a complete block. The shoe came out perfectly intact and Bridgette came home from the hospital and returned to her old self within days.

I know Ella's receiving wonderful care now and that you and her doctors are doing everything you can to help her. I just thought I'd tell you my story as one more thing to consider. I'll be thinking of you!!!

CVFlagg
29th April 2011, 02:18 AM
I have no words of advice but wanted to let you know that you and Ella are in my thoughts and prayers. One of mine just spent 6 days in the ICU with an initial unknown illness that finally ended up being diagnosed as a severe liver infection. I know how awful the unknown is and the waiting for a diagnosis so they can start getting better. She has only been home for a few days and I still wake up every hour to make sure she is still breathing. We will be thinking of you and sending good thoughts Ella's way!

anniemac
29th April 2011, 03:16 AM
Thanks everyone. She is still in icu not eating. Going to do ultrasound. Intestines are enlarged but they don't think obstruction. I talked to my step dad (who is a radiologist) because I was playing the guessing game. I asked dr. If they would do surgery from ultrasound and she said it would be more likely to do biopsy??? Cancer? He said it could be some itis but then I talked later about barbie shoe. She was just with my nephews but who knows. He said his partner had a dotson that ate a childs inflatable raft! Its not funny and quite scary when I see her shaking but I have to know she is in good hands.

He said with any bacteria or something they should get better and if she isn't, they would probably do surgery and they do it all the time in humans. I asked because they say no obstruction because everything seems to be flowing normally. (Must have given her barium). She is at least being monitored so I know I just have to talk to day doctor in the AM.

mommytoClaire
29th April 2011, 03:47 AM
Oh Ann, I'm sorry that this is continuing to go on.

My brothers dog went through this last year. They did exploratory surgery and found nothing. This dog has eaten so much stuff in the past and passed it all (underwear socks, she swallows them whole)......she was so sick, but she came out of it. Their kids sold a bunch of their things to help their folks pay for the time in the hospital and the surgery.

I just want you to know I am thinking of you both and praying like crazy for your sweet little Ella. I have such tears over this. Hugs to you both.

Blondiemonster
29th April 2011, 02:43 PM
Hey anne. If she has pooped in the last two days the chance of serious obatruction is smaller i think. if she doesnt poop than there must be something stuck.. So if she hasnt pooped then i wonder why they say "normal flow".... I really hope you get answers today. It could also be a vserious virus of some.. That will make them shake and not eat and make them so sick til immubesystem fights it off. In horses a rhinovirus will do that... I think sometimes they do bloodculture ti find out. My horse in the day was un the hospital for a week shaking and barely hanging on and they had no idea what was up... Then he pulled through overnight. Ofcourse elle is a dog but i hate to even think of the t or c word they mentioned to you...

Sabby
29th April 2011, 03:20 PM
Just to say I am thinking of you and Ella. Sending healing thoughts and lots of :hug:

Kathleen
29th April 2011, 04:24 PM
I have just read this and I'm so sorry Anne. Poor Ella doesn't deserve this. Please keep us posted and until she is better, I will be praying for her!

waldor
29th April 2011, 06:00 PM
Please keep us updated on Ella. Both of you are having a bad time with this, and hopefully the doctor(s) will figure it out soon.

The only time Sophie vomited was from a mild intestinal blockage. I had purchased a rawhide chew from Whole Foods, but it was not made or processed in the USA, and this is what caused the trouble. It finally digested before the time they allotted for me to bring her back.

mommytoClaire
29th April 2011, 06:42 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything new?

CVFlagg
29th April 2011, 07:35 PM
They did a biopsy on my girl when she was in the ICU last week and I immediately freaked and thought cancer but that is how they discovered her liver infection so apparently the biopsy can be used to diagnose other things as well. Still sending you good thoughts, I just went through this last week and know how absolutely agonizing it is.

Nicki
29th April 2011, 07:42 PM
I've put Ella in Paws Across the World http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?22795-Paws-across-the-World-Special-thoughts-for-Cavaliers-and-their-friends&p=387647&posted=1#post387647

and moved your post to there Lynn :D

Ella is currently in surgery so please think of her.

We do hope that Ella comes through surgery well and hope she makes a wonderful recovery.

GraciesMom
29th April 2011, 07:50 PM
I did not know Ella was in surgery. Saying many many prayers. Did they find an obstruction?

Nicki
29th April 2011, 08:01 PM
I don't know any more unfortunately - Lynn posted and I've put it in the Paws across the world thread.

anniemac
29th April 2011, 08:08 PM
Thank you all so much. She is going to have surgery and either they will not find anything which then they will put her on a feeding tube, open the intestine and maybe cut part out? It depends on what they find. She is concerned with her being on prednisone hindering healing process but felt it needed to be done. She was going to ask surgeon to use different sutures (spelling).

Her intestines were enlarges and looked tangled or out of place. I don't know, just trying to absorb all of this. Since she hasn't been eating among other things and in pain, it had to go to this.

Thank you and I will keep posted when I know more.

Love my Cavaliers
29th April 2011, 08:09 PM
I didn't want to post it before because I didn't want to worry her, but Ella's symptoms sounded just like Oliver's when he had an obstruction and ended up losing two feet of his intestines that had turned gangrenous. That happened when he was two. He is now 10+ and is doing jus fine, eating a regular diet and enjoying life. Sure hope Ella has as positive an outcome from her surgery , whatever the diagnosis.

Nicki
29th April 2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks for updating us Anne, so sorry Ella had to have surgery but do hope they finally find out what is going wrong and can sort her out xx

3cavies
29th April 2011, 08:41 PM
Saying a prayer for Ella.

sins
29th April 2011, 08:50 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.I can't believe she now has to contend with this after everything she's been through.
Hoping and praying for a successful outcome.
Sins

GraciesMom
29th April 2011, 08:57 PM
Gracie can sense that I am concerned about someone and is being extra sweet. She so wants to meet Ella and her mom.

anniemac
29th April 2011, 09:00 PM
Not good. She had a string wrapped around intestine and had 70% removed. She's out of surgery but might not make it. I just wanted to update everyone. I am very upset

3cavies
29th April 2011, 09:07 PM
Anne,
I'm so very sorry. We'll keep Ella in our prayers.

Love my Cavaliers
29th April 2011, 09:10 PM
Oh my God. Poor Ella! But it could have just as easily been Oz as I have pulled dental floss out of Oz's mouth before that I have just thrown in my bathroom garbage can. I will not do that again. I will make sure it is someplace secure that he can't get at it since he is such a pack rat especially when it comes to our bathroom garbage cans.

Sending many, many prayers to Anne and Ella. What a horrible ordeal. My heart is breaking for both of them.

waldor
29th April 2011, 10:56 PM
OMG Thank you for the update. How awful! You and Ella are in my thoughts and prayers! I hope she'll be allright.

Blondiemonster
29th April 2011, 11:48 PM
Please let her be allright anne. I am so sad about this. I dont even know what to say. Speechless.

GraciesMom
30th April 2011, 12:00 AM
My heart is just aching... so praying for you both. I have no other words to say.

Charlifarley
30th April 2011, 12:12 AM
Just want to let you know that we are thinking of you both here and hope that Ella will be feeling better soon.

Jasper and Holly
30th April 2011, 01:49 AM
Sorry to here that Ella is in surgery. Hope she is ok. You must be going out of your mind with worry. Fingers crossed for you and Ella.

anniemac
30th April 2011, 02:16 AM
Its very tough to think about because even if she does make it, I don't think it will be easy for her. So I have to think of that too. Best to hope for best then cross that road. Thank you for your prayers.

Zumie05
30th April 2011, 02:56 AM
I am so sorry. You two are the least deserving of this. Thinking of you guys.

CVFlagg
30th April 2011, 03:08 AM
Praying for you and Ella! It is good they now know what was wrong with her and desperately hope she'll be okay. Sending good thoughts to you both!

jessie22
30th April 2011, 04:24 AM
Ruby and I are sending hugs and good thoughts your way. I am so very sorry you are going through this. Remember, she is a very strong little girl and so are you.

--Jessie and Ruby

lovecavaliers
30th April 2011, 04:25 AM
OMG, Anne, I am seeing this now. Praying for Ella. I can't imagine what you are going through. It sounds like pure hell! I am so sorry all this is happening to you and sweet Ella. Thinking of you both :hug:

Kathleen
30th April 2011, 05:15 AM
Oh Anne, I am so sorry and so upset to read this, especially since this is so similar to what I went through with Jade recently.... Don't let them give Gabapentin during Ella's recovery, especially if she is on other pain meds. It is believed that it can cause a bad reaction. Ella is a tough little girl and I can't stop thinking about her and you and am praying for her. I know exactly what you are going through and am sending you all my love and support during this worrying time.xxx

meljoy
30th April 2011, 07:48 AM
Sending all our love and best wishes to you both.
If you get to see Ella give her gentle hug from Leo and I :l*v:

Nicki
30th April 2011, 08:40 AM
I am so very sorry Anne this is just tragic to hear, poor Ella. Especially hard to deal with on her birthday :(:( I don't think that birthday greetings are maybe appropriate yet but it is on our minds.

It's very hard - even for a "normal" dog to manage with only that amount of intestine With Ella's complications, medication etc it is going to be very difficult.

Can you talk to one of the specialists to find out their opinion?

I think everything really depends on how likely Ella is going to be able to have a good quality of life. I hate to even write that to you, I so desperately wanted her to be better as did we all, but we have to think of Ella.

I know no-one likes to give up on their dog when there is any hope at all, but you really have to think of it from the dog's perspective...this is the hardest part of having and loving your dog, knowing when it is time.

The hospital will try to keep her going - it is your decision. [Sadly they also have a financial incentive to do so, that is something you need to bear in mind too.]

I would write down the things that you think are important to Ella to give her a good quality of life. These would be on my list:

Being able to eat and wanting to eat [2 different things] I suspect she will need a very special diet which may be expensive - and are you going to be able to administer it, no treats, keeping her out of the garbage and not allowing anyone to give her anything else?

Managing a short walk - even if it's only 5 minutes for the stimulation.

Able to move about happily - I know her SM is deteriorating too :(

Managing a cuddle or whatever affection she wants

Not in any distress [pain being well managed - living in chronic pain is horrid]

Obviously you are going to get times where things aren't totally under control and you need to speak to your vet then to see whether it is a temporary crisis or a permanent state.

Most importantly obviously - is Ella going to be able to enjoy life?

I've always felt it is better to let them go too soon, so that they don't suffer. Too many are left too long and that is just cruel and you feel guilty forever.

I feel dreadful writing this, it sounds so negative, but sometimes someone has to say these things :(:(

BrooklynMom
30th April 2011, 11:39 AM
I am just now catching up on this thread. Oh my gosh, you poor things. Poor Ella, Poor you. I am praying and hugging and sending every once of healing I have your way. There are no words that help getting through this any easier, but just know that we are all thinking of of you and just hope she gets better soon. It might be a long road, and it could not happen to two better people, but hang in there. Gosh, hugs. :hug:

Karlin
30th April 2011, 11:42 AM
I am so sorry. :(

I would have posted just what Nicki has said -- you are balancing already her difficulty in living with SM and a lost eye and PSOM plus this very difficult surgery which is likely to hugely affect her quality of life -- it can be very hard for a healthy dog to recover from this particular surgery and have any decent quality of life.

I would be asking the advice of both the people who have done this surgery and her neurologist on how capable a little dog is with handling this further blow -- and what may be involved in care and whether it is possible to give it if you work, and for how long she would be likely to manage with all these things combined.

As hard as it would be -- and as Nicki says, as terrible as it is to contemplate and say -- in your position I would let her go rather than set such a steep mountain for her to climb on top of everything else she is dealing with, if you are already looking at a matter of months given her decline with SM.

I also have dogs struggling with health issues and if this were my Lucy, who like Ella is facing a limited time already, there is simply no way I'd want her to try and live on as I'd feel I was doing this more for me than for her. It is hard to balance the 'right moment' but as Nicki and others like Kate have said -- it is so much better and kinder to let them go before they are truly in pain and distress and struggling. My vets have always been very good about being honest with me and letting me know when they would call time (as with my sweet Quincy two months ago, who could perhaps have struggled on with serious kidney and liver problems for a few more months -- but to what end? Another inevitable collapse and further decline into pain? That seemed cruel and unfair to him).

I think it is the time when you need to get honest advice and input from the doctors and weigh whether keeping Ella going through all this is more about what Ella needs or an owner needs. It is the toughest and most courageously honest discussion every dog owner faces at some point. We must each of us face it at some point and it is hard. Would she want to go on? What will be her quality of life? Is it kinder to let her go before she may face further surgery complications or the multiple impact of this on top of all her other conditions? We just cannot keep asking them to live on, just for us -- if the prognosis is poor, we need to have the love and courage to give them relief from suffering.

Maybe take some time out now to go talk with doctors and think these things through. The debate should be one you have in your heart and head now, more than something to keep returning to the board to ask (as people here can only say they support you -- and realistically, little more -- none of us can assess her health, nor the prognosis, nor her quality of life now and going forward -- it is advice your doctors only can give). There is lots of support here for you, but I think the situation is far more complicated than any replies here can encompass because her ongoing poor health situation and her current situation goes beyond what any of us can advise you on.

GraciesMom
30th April 2011, 12:51 PM
Here to support you in any way you need it. God bless.

Blondiemonster
30th April 2011, 02:02 PM
Dear karlin and nicki, i read your posts with tears in my eyes. You two arr always the voice of reason, something which this board desperately needs with all of us being so emotional about our fur babies. In many ways ella is such a big symbol on this board carrying the flag for many with sm since she has breen such a fighter and so brave. And anne one of the most caring mums i know. The thought of loosing ella after all this is so hard to bear, even for me who has never met her. I so desperately want her to be ok. :( even though i realize the odds and the situation. What a sad day.

Love my Cavaliers
30th April 2011, 02:35 PM
I think everyone who knows Anne and Ella is in tears and is on pins and needles waiting to find out if Ella is going to make it. I know I have checked the board three times already this morning.

anniemac
30th April 2011, 02:49 PM
Thank you all. Ella had a good night last night, eyes are bright and the doctor wants me to bring some eggs or someone mentioned baby food. This is a tough time and as karlin said there are a lot of things to consider that I don't want to discuss on the board. just know that I am keeping her in mind and the next 48 hours are critical. Her neurologist has been out of town but in constant contact. He will be in Monday and I would like to talk to him too.

I had no idea it would come to this so just bear with us and pray. That's all we can do. Thank you for your prayers

lovecavaliers
30th April 2011, 02:57 PM
Ella is definitely in my thoughts. I will be pulling for her. Your her mom and will do what is right for her after speaking to the doctors.

We are all here for you. Much love to you both:lotsaluv:

Brian M
30th April 2011, 03:02 PM
HiAnnie

All our best wishes to you and Ella at this time ,we know you will choose right for the two of you .

Thouhts to you and Ella

brian

Kathleen
30th April 2011, 03:16 PM
Hi Anne. I have been so sad today, knowing what you're going through. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and I know that everyone is hoping that Ella will be okay. As you say the next 48 hours will be critical and I, for one, am hoping for a miracle (they DO happen.) I am here for you and tried to send a message, but your in box is full. Wish I had a magic wand.......

Sydneys Mom
30th April 2011, 03:34 PM
So sad you and Ella must go through this. Sending healing prayers your way.

Tania
30th April 2011, 07:20 PM
Hello Anne, I am just catching up with everything. I am so sorry poor little Ella is going through this. She has endured so much over the years it really is very sad and heartbreaking :(

Molly, Dougall and Dotty are sending gentle hugs to you both. I am thinking of you. :hug:

Brian M
30th April 2011, 08:50 PM
Hi Annie

Your pm box is full again ,so many people care about you two .

brian

anniemac
30th April 2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks my email is acavaliersvoice@gmail.com

Rubysmum
30th April 2011, 10:00 PM
just seen this .im holding you both in my thoughts x

mommytoClaire
30th April 2011, 11:21 PM
Dear sweet Anne,

I only want to add that I will be keeping you in thought and prayer.

Many of us have been in a situation just like you are where we had to think of our sweet pup and not ourselves. It's so very difficult to take yourself out of the equation, but I know you will for Ella's sake.

Blessings,

BrooklynMom
1st May 2011, 12:09 AM
I just wanted to pop on again and say that I am thinking of you Anne and poor little Ella. I too am on pins and needles and woke up and checked the board first thing too in hopes of an update. I am praying so hard and just sending all my best to the two of you. I cannot imagine how tough all of this must be. Hang in there (as best you can) and just keep the Ella love going. She she does have a lot of it going on here that is for sure.

We are thinking of you. :hug:

Erin2854
1st May 2011, 12:20 AM
I can't imagine what you must be going through...both you and Ella have been in my thoughts all day. Parents should never have to make such hard decisions about their children...even the furry ones. It's just so unfair. I will be praying for a miracle for Ella and strength and comfort for you in whatever you may face. You are both blessed to have each other. Please take care...my heart goes out to you both.:hug:

tara
1st May 2011, 03:24 AM
I'm so sorry to read the outcome here. I was so hoping for a miraculous, quick recovery.

You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

jasperpaw
1st May 2011, 10:57 AM
So sorry to read about Ella, she has been through so much, praying and thinking of you both.:hug:

Sandrac
1st May 2011, 12:00 PM
So sorry to hear about what has been happening with Ella. You both have been through so much over the past months. Sending lots of warm wishes and hugs.:hug:

sins
1st May 2011, 12:51 PM
Still thinking of you both and hoping Ella had a comfortable night.
Sins

Spangly
1st May 2011, 03:21 PM
Hello Annie
I have only just seen this post and I am so sorry you and Ella are going through this. My thoughts are with you at this hardest of times.
Christine

Janice
1st May 2011, 05:26 PM
Really hoping Ella is doing well, you are both in my thoughts.

Charlifarley
1st May 2011, 08:49 PM
Hi Anne, I hope Ella had a good day today.
We are thinking of both of you here - it's hard not to, to be honest. :lotsaluv:

I hope you are able to get some sleep and decent food - I'm sure its hard to take your mind off Ella at the moment, there is nothing worse than a trauma to keep you awake at night, but don't forget to look after yourself too.:flwr::flwr:

Pacific
1st May 2011, 09:18 PM
My heart goes out to you and your darling Ella. You are both in my thoughts.

BrooklynMom
2nd May 2011, 05:57 AM
Hi Anne,
Just doing my daily "we are thinking of you and Ella" cheer! I am hoping you got through last night okay and praying that Ella is staying as pain free as possible.

Hugs :hug:

Kathleen
2nd May 2011, 06:09 AM
Still thinking of you and Ella. I hope you are holding up okay and that Ella is doing well.xxx

pippa
2nd May 2011, 02:48 PM
Thinking of you and Ella...xx

GraciesMom
2nd May 2011, 03:57 PM
Hope we get another positive update soon!!!

anniemac
2nd May 2011, 04:25 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. She knows she has been truly loved. Unfortunately the time is come for me to make the decision I think is best for her. I am spending the day with her and making sure everyone can say there goodbyes but she is one strong girl that will live in my heart forever.

There is no easy way and I am glad dr, brofman will be there with me since he has been such a major part of her life. I will sing my song to her like I do every night except this time she will be at peace.