• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Maryland!

StillPooh

My name is Denise, and I have been mad for Cavaliers since I met my first one 8 years ago. Not long after the baby in my avatar joined our family. Clancy is now 7 1/2 years old. When he was 2, we adopted a 5 year old blenheim boy from a breed rescue. Dillon had been a stud dog in an Amish puppy mill in Pennsylvania. Unfortunately he had MVD, and died quite suddenly last August.

After much soul searching, we have decided it just feels weird only having one dog, and so baby Oliver is coming home next week! I am excited but also nervous, as I haven't raised up a baby since Clancy. My friends assure me it will come right back like riding a bicycle; let's hope they are right!

Me meeting Oliver for the 1st time:
MeandOliver.jpg

Welcome Denise!!! Bless you for taking Dillon in and giving him a wonderful life for the time you had him. Oliver is adorable!! Puppies are challenging...but it will all come back to you. My youngest was 7 when we adopted our now 15 month old. I had forgotten how challenging a puppy was....and have now forgotten again ;)

My youngest was 7 when we adopted our now 15 month old.
How long did it take for him to forgive you? :-D

I worry about how Clancy will deal with a bouncing baby in the house. But I will make use of the playpen when he needs a break, and he also has a favorite chair he can retreat to. I hope in time he will be glad for the company.

Oliver Update

Just got a call from the breeder. Oliver (who turned 8 weeks old yesterday) passed his vet check with flying colors, and at 4.5 lbs is now big enough (and eating solids exclusively) to come home! We weren't expecting him until next Wednesday at the earliest!

Clancy has a checkup with his neurologist tomorrow (he has epilepsy), so it looks like we'll be driving down to get Oliver on Saturday! :jump:

Welcome! I am also in Maryland!

Are there many puppies farms where we are? I am not from here... Scary to think about! :yikes I always imagine them really far away and not somewhere close!

icon_welcome that's a lovely picture of yerself and your new furry friend! Rest in Peace dear Dillon.

Welcome to Cavalier Talk. You've found a great place to share your sweet babies.

So sorry to hear about Dillion. Was he on meds for his MVD?

Welcome!
So sorry about Dillon, bless you for giving him a great life with you!
Congrats on the new pup, he's beautiful, and so is Clancy!

Welcome to this great forum you will find heaps of great info on here. Lovely photos and I look forward to seeing more photo soon.

Back