• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Backpack Cavi

meljoy

I went for a walk with a friend of mine today who as a lovely little cavalier who is now 13 years old. She hasnt been well lately and so cant walk very far anymore. (the dog not my friend!)
I suggested a backpack then we can still take her with us, so today we headed off to the forest with Millie in a backpack, taking turns to carry her.

She absolutly loved it:razz: She looked like the queen bee with her little face pocking out watching the world go by. She managed a good walk then we carried her the rest of the way. At least she could still enjoy all the sights and smells of the forest.

Leo was a little confused at the start but he soon stopped trying to jump up at her.
Next time we go I'll get a good photo as she did look funny and very pleased with herself:jmp:

aww i can just imagine ! i think they are really adaptable to being carried or otherwise transported.. last year ruby started limping , i got her to the vet in a childs buggy ..she loved it , mind shes used to the kids i mind pushing her around in it(her choice , she jumps in on purpose!!) and i thought how very handy it was . and when they get old ,as you say , they can still enjoy a walk with all the smells and sights etc ..ive also sneaked ruby round b and q in a shopping bag !! :grin:

When my sister's westies got old, she bought a twin dog stroller so when they got tired while out walking, they could ride home. :cool:

Back