• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Barney is having some trouble

freesia

On Thursday Barney spent most of the day up the allotment with me, he was quite happy digging, sleeping and telling people off who dared to walk past the gate. Anyhow on the evening he couldn't get up the steps of the back yard or the step into the house. I thought it was very strange, normally he pelts up.

Next day he started yelping and when I checked him over his front right leg was a bit stiff, he didn't want to move it so much. I figured he must of pulled a muscle. I gave him some metacalm.

Saturday when he was still yelping now and again, I took him to the vets. You know when your little friends make liars of you, yep he didn't yelp once, she couldn't find anything wrong, she bent his head all ways, his legs, went up and down his spine, even the leg where there was resistance. She did it a few times, the only thing needed doing was his anal gland.

We took him for a little walk before we came home, he was quite normal. The thing is later on he was in a worse state than ever, hate seeing him in pain. Don't know if it was with getting pulled about or whatever he has is getting worse.
Anyhow I have not had much sleep, he is snoring away, so will have to see how he is when he wakes up. I hope it is just pulled muscles and nothing more serious.
Barney is four years old.

Did the vet check to make sure he didn't have anything stuck in his foot pads? All that digging, he could have gotten something sharp in his toes.

Yes, she did because he had to have a little op last month because one of the needles (for want of a better name) from a burr had worked into his paw, I thought I had got it all out. He now has very short hair on his legs and no slippers does not look right but at least he hasn't got as caught up with things.

There has been no yelping today, he is still reluctant to jump up, which I don't want him doing anyhow just yet. Not very happy with hubby though because he left the door open and Barney came upstairs, I want him rested up properly first. But that shows improvement, so it looks like he has just pulled himself.

Back