• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lower jaw protuding

korimako

My wee girl Cindy is 20weeks. Her bite used to look pretty level but I have now discovered that her lower jaw protudes quite a bit. Will it level again or will it stay the same?

Thanks
Kathy

Sounds like an undershot bite to me Cathy. If there is a wide gap between the bite in the top and lower jaws there could be a difficulty in eating food. Could be that the discrepancy is slight, which is not a problem at all unless you aim to show.

Yes they can and often do change their bites. It is thought to be possible for an undershot dog to change to a scissor bite (top set overlapping the bottom) in as long as three years from birth.

My dog, Little Joe, is undershot and eats perfectly; in fact he has the cleanest set of teeth of the five ByFloSins. If Cavaliers were required to be undershot then he would have a perfect bite.:eek:

Last edited:
Jasper has a slight overbite and it hasn't troubled him at all not even with bones. It's funny sometimes he looks like he has a sharks mouth!

Back