• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

May I say hello to everyone ?

Blueroses

Good morning all :)

May I introduce myself ? My name is Diana and I live in the Midlands UK
I will be bringing home my CKCS puppy on the weekend of 12th June. He is a little Blenheim boy, and is so sweet and gorgeous it makes me want to cry a little bit when I look at his face. :luv:

I have researched the breed extensively and gone about this in the 'sensible way' but as I haven't had a puppy/dog in a very long time, Im sure I will have a lot to learn!

Welcome to Cavalier Talk.

You will learn a lot here about raising a Cavalier pup and all the joy that goes with it. Hopefully you've read the sections about health issues, and things to be looking for as you wait on this pup?

Again, welcome!

Welcome to Cavalier Talk.

You will learn a lot here about raising a Cavalier pup and all the joy that goes with it. Hopefully you've read the sections about health issues, and things to be looking for as you wait on this pup?

Again, welcome!

Thank you for your welcome :thnku:

Yes I am aware of health issues and have bought from a breeder who could answer my questions and show me documentation.
What I meant was, I have a lot to learn about bringing up a puppy as although I have had dogs before, this was a very long time ago. As I have been working full time most of my life, I have been reluctant to take on a dog. Having recently retired and becoming a widow in a short space of time, I now feel the time is right for me, and for the dog.
My puppy is gorgeous, Im counting the days

Thank you for your welcome :thnku:

Yes I am aware of health issues and have bought from a breeder who could answer my questions and show me documentation.
What I meant was, I have a lot to learn about bringing up a puppy as although I have had dogs before, this was a very long time ago. As I have been working full time most of my life, I have been reluctant to take on a dog. Having recently retired and becoming a widow in a short space of time, I now feel the time is right for me, and for the dog.
My puppy is gorgeous, Im counting the days

Cavaliers are the most wonderful companions and it sounds as if you have done everything to make sure you have chosen a puppy that will have the best chance of a long healthy life.

Don't worry about bringing up the puppy. He will soon get you trained to do what he wants and you won't even realise it. :)

Cavaliers are the most wonderful companions and it sounds as if you have done everything to make sure you have chosen a puppy that will have the best chance of a long healthy life.

Don't worry about bringing up the puppy. He will soon get you trained to do what he wants and you won't even realise it. :)

Ha ha , I'll bet ! :xctly:

icon_welcome

How exciting. I bet you cant wait for the weekend. Be sure and post us some pics when you pick your puppy up. Have you got a name yet?
As Margaret said you couldnt ask for a better companion. My boy is 4 1/2 now and when I come home he's always pleased to see me, listens to everything I have to say and always agrees with me.....which is more than can be said for my Ex husband!!!

icon_welcome

How exciting. I bet you cant wait for the weekend. Be sure and post us some pics when you pick your puppy up. Have you got a name yet?
As Margaret said you couldnt ask for a better companion. My boy is 4 1/2 now and when I come home he's always pleased to see me, listens to everything I have to say and always agrees with me.....which is more than can be said for my Ex husband!!!

It is very exciting :)
I have been out buying things for him, toys, bowls, bedding, collar, harness etc. etc. and rung the vet for vaccination and micro chipping information. I can't have him until 12th June :(
I am calling him Alfie :badgrin:

Here he is

Puppy3.jpg

Awwwww congrats on the new pup!:rah: He is so cute!:lotsaluv:
I think you and I are in the same boat. I haven't trained a puppy in almost 16 years. Its scary but exciting at the same time. I hope its like riding a bike, once you learn you never forget LOL
I can't wait to see pictures of his first day at home. We pick up ours on the 18th of June.

Becky

Awwwww congrats on the new pup!:rah: He is so cute!:lotsaluv:
I think you and I are in the same boat. I haven't trained a puppy in almost 16 years. Its scary but exciting at the same time. I hope its like riding a bike, once you learn you never forget LOL
I can't wait to see pictures of his first day at home. We pick up ours on the 18th of June.

Becky

Really? Oh I'm pleased about that. We shall be newbies together ! cl*p Will look out for your photos too

Awe, he actually looks like an Alfie!!

Congrats on the new pup!! He will be a wonderful companion to you and open up a whole new chapter of life for you. I am amazed at the things Brooklyn has taught me so far, and she is only 7 months old.

You will have a wonderful time. And this board will help so much. Brooklyn is my husband and I's first dog ever...so we were clueless to say the least! I knew what to look for in terms of breeders and health standards, but raising a pup...that was a whole different story! But without this board, I would have had a much harder time...people here are full of knowledge and are so kind and supportive...you can even feel free to ask the most ridiculous questions to the hard and intense ones (i.e. we span the gamut from poop talk to health issues :badgrin:)

Welcome again and I cannot wait to see more pics!

Awe, he actually looks like an Alfie!!

Congrats on the new pup!! He will be a wonderful companion to you and open up a whole new chapter of life for you. I am amazed at the things Brooklyn has taught me so far, and she is only 7 months old.

You will have a wonderful time. And this board will help so much. Brooklyn is my husband and I's first dog ever...so we were clueless to say the least! I knew what to look for in terms of breeders and health standards, but raising a pup...that was a whole different story! But without this board, I would have had a much harder time...people here are full of knowledge and are so kind and supportive...you can even feel free to ask the most ridiculous questions to the hard and intense ones (i.e. we span the gamut from poop talk to health issues :badgrin:)

Welcome again and I cannot wait to see more pics!

He does look like an Alfie doesn't he ? :lol:

Thank you for your comments. :thnx: Yes Im hoping Alfie and I will be spending many long years together. Look out for me asking my own 'silly' questions :fool:

Welcome to the forum, Alfie looks a real little charmer already! I look forward to seeing photos as he grows up. icon_welcome

Oh you must be so excited! Not long now til you bring him home :) We could hardly wait to bring MaGee home and now that he's here its great.

Hoping to see more photo's of his homecoming :)

Back