PDA

View Full Version : Our princess Mischa passed away today 17 months old from leukemia

milandmais
21st May 2011, 10:38 PM
Today after a very short but hard battle with myeloid leukemia our darling Mischa aged only 17 months has passed away.It took hold so quickly and has left us devastated and heartbroken, we are distraught and beside ourselves.She was the most beautiful and loving girl and we have been left with a gaping hole in our lives.

Mum and dad love you very much sweetheart and we will never forget the joy you bought to us in your short life.:lotsaluv::lotsaluv::lotsaluv::lotsaluv::lots aluv:

Words cannot describe our pain xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

milandmais
21st May 2011, 10:40 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/229176_1553721982671_1823838556_950239_563501_n.jp g

ByFloSin
21st May 2011, 10:43 PM
Oh dear, I am so sorry. Writing this with tears running down my face. I just can't imagine how you are feeling right now.

R.I.P. Little one, God lent you to this world for just a little time, but had to call you back to be with him.

sins
21st May 2011, 10:49 PM
I'm so shocked and saddened to read this. My deepest sympathy to you both.
Run free little princess Mischa.
sins

Margaret C
21st May 2011, 11:12 PM
I am so sorry. Thinking of you.

Sydneys Mom
21st May 2011, 11:35 PM
So sorry for your loss.

Mindysmom
21st May 2011, 11:47 PM
How incredibly sad to lose one so young. My heart goes out to you.

milandmais
21st May 2011, 11:53 PM
Thank you for your kind words, i cannot even begin to tell you how we are feeling we are distraught,we are at the moment being comforted by our remaining three cavaliers millie,maisy and megan who are also missing their little sister terribly.We are shocked by the past couple of days events that have led to us losing our beloved and precious Mischa to a horrible horrible disease.No words can describe our loss.
Diane xx

HollyDolly
22nd May 2011, 12:58 AM
Just to let you know I am thinking of you.
What a beautiful girl, so terribly sad.

Love
Nanette xxxxx

Furrfoot
22nd May 2011, 01:41 AM
I am so sorry....

sunshinekisses
22nd May 2011, 02:12 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose them so young. Godspeed Mischa.

denali
22nd May 2011, 06:56 AM
I am so, so sorry for your loss.

I was crying as I read that, and words alone cannot convey what I want to say to you, and I am sure words alone cannot convey what you are feeling at the moment.

But what I can say is that Mischa will be there, at the rainbow bridge, waiting. With her tail wagging and held up high. She will bound into your arms for some much awaited kisses and some hugs but in the meantime she is in doggy heaven, running happily and free from sickness.

Thinking of you in this hard time

Kathleen
22nd May 2011, 08:17 AM
I'm am so sorry you lost your little girl at such a young age - so unfair. I am thinking of you and know that she is running free at the bridge with all our babies who have gone before. xxx

Jasper and Holly
22nd May 2011, 09:06 AM
How very sad to lose a dog so young. My heart goes out to you.

jasperpaw
22nd May 2011, 09:50 AM
I am so very sorry and she was so very young. Thinking of you.

Charlifarley
22nd May 2011, 10:25 AM
I am so sorry to read of your loss.

emsley
22nd May 2011, 12:08 PM
I am so very, very sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful Mischa
My heart goes out to you.

dellis
22nd May 2011, 12:09 PM
so so sorry to hear about your beautiful dog.

Love my Cavaliers
22nd May 2011, 02:19 PM
I'm so sorry. Run like the wind Mischa- free of pain, full of puppy energy.

Karlin
22nd May 2011, 02:43 PM
Oh no; I am so so sorry. :( This is just devastating news; this is far too young an age to lose such a special cavalier. My thoughts are with you at such a very difficult time.

matties mum
22nd May 2011, 06:07 PM
I am so very sorry run free Mischa
The Dance

Looking back on the memory of
the dance we shared, beneath the stars above.
For a moment all the world was right,
how was I to know that you'd ever say good bye?
And now I'm glad I didn't know
the way it all would end, the way it all would go.
Our lives are better left to chance,
I could have missed the pain,
but I'd have had to miss the dance.
Holding you, I held everything,
for a moment, wasn't I the king?
If I'd only known how the king would fall
hey who's to say, you know I might have changed it all.
And now I'm glad I didn't know
the way it all would end, the way it all would go.
Our lives are better left to chance,
I could have missed the pain,
but I'd have had to miss the dance.

---Aileen

merello
22nd May 2011, 06:30 PM
So sorry for your loss x

meljoy
22nd May 2011, 07:19 PM
Diane,

So sorry to read this. Sending love and best wishes your way at this very sad time:(

robbieswan
22nd May 2011, 07:32 PM
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae358/robbieswan/mischa-1.jpg

matties mum
22nd May 2011, 09:45 PM
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae358/robbieswan/mischa-1.jpg

how beautiful so very sad
---Aileen

StillPooh
22nd May 2011, 10:04 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. :(

Curlyminx
22nd May 2011, 10:07 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that.

milandmais
22nd May 2011, 10:28 PM
Thank you all for your very kind messages and robbieswan for the beautiful tribute to our beloved mischa.We still cant believe she has been taken away from us so early,the onchologist is calling us tomorrow to shed some more light on whats happened so it may help us to deal with it all a little better.Myself and my partner are not dealing with our loss very well at the moment and miss her so much,we hope time will help us with this.
Thank you again xxx diane

Desrae
23rd May 2011, 12:02 AM
I'm so so sorry. This will take some time and we're here for you:hug:

lovecavaliers
23rd May 2011, 12:27 AM
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Mischa.

Pacific
23rd May 2011, 01:52 AM
I am so sorry for your terrible loss, what a beautiful little girl, gone way too soon.

goda
23rd May 2011, 02:37 AM
I am so sorry! You will be in my thoughts.

Blondiemonster
23rd May 2011, 03:37 AM
So sorry. Must've been quite the little angel that they needed her up at the rainbow bridge so soon...

milandmais
23rd May 2011, 11:39 AM
Today we are going to collect Mischa's ashes.we want to get our princess back home where he belongs with mum n dad and her three big sisters.xxx

BrooklynMom
23rd May 2011, 12:38 PM
I'm just so sorry for what you have had to go through, and what she did too. My thoughts and strength are with you...I am glad she is coming home.

merello
23rd May 2011, 12:57 PM
Thinking of you today. I hope at least you will have some comfort having Mischa's ashes returned. I know from personal experience having Sonny's ashes returned to me gave me a great deal of comfort during a really sad time

James
23rd May 2011, 01:00 PM
So sorry for the loss of your young one.

Sandrac
23rd May 2011, 02:58 PM
So very sorry to hear that Mischa has been called to the bridge way before her time. May her memory stay in your hearts always. :hug:

milandmais
23rd May 2011, 10:33 PM
Thanks again all for the support,we have today bought mischas ashes home and its given us little comfort knowing she is back home where she belongs with us.

The onchologist has called today and advised that it was actually acute monoblastic leukemia that took our little girl from us as opposed to the myloid leukemia that was first suspected.

We are now going to try and adjust to life without our precious girl and see what it brings us.

We are missing you so much our darling and you will forever be in our hearts
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

susandavis1
23rd May 2011, 10:56 PM
I am so sorry that Mischa is gone. :hug: Run like the wind Mischa

mishy
24th May 2011, 06:36 PM
It's heartbreaking to lose Mischa at such a young age hope the suppport from members brings you some small comfort. Run free little Mischa.

lindylou
24th May 2011, 08:26 PM
so sorry to read about mischa so young

Karen and Ruby
24th May 2011, 09:47 PM
So sorry for your loss Dianne xx

So unfair that Mischa didn't get to live the long life that she so deserved- some angels need to get back to heaven sooner than others and this means that she was extra extra special and god couldn't cope with out her any longer

:(

pippa
25th May 2011, 10:36 AM
So sorry to hear about your little one:(

milandmais
25th May 2011, 02:02 PM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/560f615d-fdc5-1081.jpg
Beautiful Mischa xxxxxx

mommytoClaire
28th May 2011, 04:27 PM
What a beautiful girl she is. I can't imagine the pain of losing one so young. I've not heard of leukemia in such a young dog. Did the vet shed any more info on this?
Thinking of you both.

milandmais
28th May 2011, 08:37 PM
Results have shown lymphablastic/monoblastic leukaemia, they said it was extremely rare and even more so in a dog so young.it's a very very aggressive fatal form of leukaemia and took hold very quickly (4 weeks) it wasn't diagnosed until the day before she passed away as our local vets were adamant it was not leukaemia in a dog so young.It was only when she was transferred to the teaching hospital in liverpool that the haematologist saw the cancer cells in her blood.

We miss her so much and it's even worse as she was so young.Mischa has left a massive hole in our hearts.

mommytoClaire
3rd June 2011, 04:20 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. Was she exhibiting signs of some sort? That is so very quick. I really, really can't imagine. I have a niece who was dx'd with acute lymphoblastic leukemia 2 years ago. She was 5 turning 6. Chemo didn't work, and she had to have a bone marrow transplant (very tough stuff). I remember how quickly they reacted at the diagnosis. Acute Leukemia moves very quickly.

I hope that you find comfort in your other dogs, and knowing you did your very best for her. Hugs and prayers for you all.

pagep
3rd June 2011, 08:29 PM
Very sad to hear about the loss of your beautiful cavalier, particularly one so young. Events like this really hammer home the message that we must enjoy every precious moment we have with our families and friends as none of us know what tomorrow may bring.

milandmais
5th June 2011, 01:41 AM
Thank you all,
4 weeks before she passed away we noticed that she had lost her "voice/bark". She was a very vocal dog normally barking at birds etc. We took her straight to vets who said nothing more than "doggy tonsillitis" and was sent home with antibiotics. She got better in a week and then straight back to the lost voice when he finished her tabs.lymph glands were gettin bigger and bigger also. After a couple of wks of no joy she was put under aneasethic and had a camera put down throat and no abnormalities foreign bodies found.pre aneashtetic bloods showed mild anaemia however.further blood test showed " abnormal" cells but vets did not know what the cause was so decided to put her under anaesethic again and take a biopsy of the now enormous glands in her neck whilst under they found more lumps in her back legs. Still puzzled they said not to worry it can't be anything sinister in a dog so young.my partner went and picked her up from the vets after her aneasethic on the thurs afternoon. She didn't move out of her basket all day/ night and she went downhill from there. I was up with her all thurs night, fri morning I called vets and took her straight in expliaining that since the aneasethic she had collapsed a couple of times and not slept all night, her breathing was very very rapid ad she was very weak,we transferred her to the teaching hospital in Liverpool where within an hour they diagnosed monoblastic leukaemia which can not be treated. She was given a blood transfusion that night and sadly passed away the next morning on the Saturday.

Sorry to go on but it helps to tell others about our experience.
It all happened so quickly and a shock to us most definately
Thanks for the kind words all x