• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello to everyone

emmasue

Hi although i am new and its my first post on here i have been visiting often looking and trying to hold in my head all the information about Cavailiers, my Daughter in law recomended your forum and i am so glad she did. She has an adorable Ruby Cavalier named Scarlett who turned 2 on friday and i call her my Granddog as i have no Grand children and so i love her to bits, so with kays help and guidence we ( him indoors & me)
are looking for a Cavalier puppy that would be willing to join this home of ours. We have read everything and looked and looked and listened to all the the good things and not so good things but at the momemt we are really struggling to where to go for a puppy , i dont know if thats because we are too cautious about which breeders to go for i dont know ?. If anyone could point us in the right direction we would be very grateful , there is so much i want to ask you all and if i am asking something that is not allowed i appologise i dont want to be in the bad books already, its just so exciting also scary at choosing another member for our home.
Thank you
:thnku:

Margaret C on this forum might be able to help.
You could also try the CKCS club for a list of breeders that have health tested dogs to see who might have puppies.
Please be sure to read this forums guide to buying a puppy.
Good luck and please let us know how you go on.

Nanette

PS Forgot to say WELCOME

icon_welcome

Firstly well done you for deciding to go through the proper channels on buying your puppy and not rushing in to it.

Margaret C should definately be your orical. She has a webiste about buying a puppy and will give you a list of health test breeders.

good luck and we look forward to hearing about your new addition.

http://www.thecavalierclub.co.uk/start.html

Welcome. This is the link to the Cavalier Club Look down the left hand side and about haflway down you will see Puppy Register. Click into this and it lists telephone numbers of the representatives. There are also regional clubs telephone numbers on here.

You could try the contact numbers for the Northern Cavalier Club puppy register, and the Humberside Club.

There is also a puppy pack that you can download that has lots of information on it. Good luck.

I would recommend sending a PM to Margaret C as I know she will reply helpfully.

The puppy register unfortunately is merely a random unvetted list any regional rep has of club breeders who have puppies -- no one is vetted for commitment to health, for testing, and no one managing a puppy registry has any obligation (and often will refuse) to recommend one breeder over another on the basis of knowing if they do the proper health tests or even identify those who are health testing -- so you are little further along than just contacting *anyone* with puppies. Club breeders on any of the registries may not do any more testing than the average puppy farmer.

I know people who have contacted the club reps for breeder names of breeders who are health testing for SM and hearts, and been told by the rep that MRIs are unnecessary and they won't recommend people who do them over anyone else -- so until the registries actually *mean* something besides that the puppy comes from a club registered breeder -- eg there is a requirement for breeders to follow the club's own recommended best breeding practice by using a cardiologist and ding MRIs, something even the UK club's own executive committee refused this week to commit to!!! and joined in voting down as a proposal -- I can't see the club puppy register as more 'valuable' than a page of puppy for sale small ads (ie: meaningless as a helpful shortcut for finding a health testing reputable breeder).

At least by talking to Margaret you will get some names of people who HAVE been testing, both MRIs and proper heart certs -- though it is still going to be the responsibility of the buyer to ask the questions, see the certs, and be sure the breeder has performed these tests on parent dogs.

Welcome and well done for doing so much homework.

Cavaliers are the most wonderful family dogs and companions, but you need to choose your breeder carefully.

I hope I can help you a little, but I will need your email address. Send it to me in a PM ( private message ) and I will get back to you.

pup

Thank you so much for your kind greetings and help , kay did say you were all like a family and very helpful . I will keep you all updated about everthing .

Susan
xx

Hello and welcome! Good Luck on your search for a new family member... there's loads of information here and of course, loads of great advisors as well!

Hello I'm new too, welcome to the forum, it's a great place for help, advice and information, oh and lots of pictures that make you go awwwwwwww ;-)

Hi

And wellcome ,I added my fourth 18 months ago and phoned all the club supplied phone numbers looking for a Black and Tan from A rated parents with all the necessary health papers and found none at that time in The UK .Spoke to Margaret started phoning people on her list and found a lady in Glasgow with just the girl ,our Lily ,and two weeks later after a round drive of 7 hours home she came with us.:) Good luck on your search I am sure you will find the right one .

Back