• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

So what happens when I am bored all day...

gamefanz

My mind wanders :sl*p: So I thought of Toby all day yesterday even while we were at the movie theater. I thought to myself, how will we go anywhere once we get Toby. What if he cries the whole time we are gone. What if he has separation anxiety, how will we know. How will I be able to concentrate on what we are doing if I am worried about my little Toby.
So once I got home I did some searching. We always have our cell phones on us so that brought me a light bulb moment, how can I view Toby on my cell phone.
I found a solution. Set up our laptop that has a camera to view Toby, use a service like Live stream and be able to go to our channel to view Toby Via cell phone :w**h**: After some work we were able to view it on my husbands and daughters cell phones but not on mine :( Oh well at least we can see it on something.
Even though Toby will be in a Crate to start out with, I'd still like to know if he is sleeping or restless. Of course while in the theater we cannot go home but just on a shopping trip we can leave early if he seems stressed.
I know its SOOOOOO over the top but thats what happens when my mind wanders:fool:
He has already made such and impact on my life and I haven't even brought him home yet LOL Now I know he will have to get used to us being gone but I'd like to know that he is not wigging out.

anyone do this or am I the only weirdo here? Does your mind wander on how you can make things better for you and your pup?

Becky

My mind wanders :sl*p: So I thought of Toby all day yesterday even while we were at the movie theater. I thought to myself, how will we go anywhere once we get Toby. What if he cries the whole time we are gone. What if he has separation anxiety, how will we know. How will I be able to concentrate on what we are doing if I am worried about my little Toby.
So once I got home I did some searching. We always have our cell phones on us so that brought me a light bulb moment, how can I view Toby on my cell phone.
I found a solution. Set up our laptop that has a camera to view Toby, use a service like Live stream and be able to go to our channel to view Toby Via cell phone :w**h**: After some work we were able to view it on my husbands and daughters cell phones but not on mine :( Oh well at least we can see it on something.
Even though Toby will be in a Crate to start out with, I'd still like to know if he is sleeping or restless. Of course while in the theater we cannot go home but just on a shopping trip we can leave early if he seems stressed.
I know its SOOOOOO over the top but thats what happens when my mind wanders:fool:
He has already made such and impact on my life and I haven't even brought him home yet LOL Now I know he will have to get used to us being gone but I'd like to know that he is not wigging out.

anyone do this or am I the only weirdo here? Does your mind wander on how you can make things better for you and your pup?

Becky

I love how my dogs have affected me, I am a better person. They opened a whole different social aspect because people stop to talk to you and comment on how cute your dogs are. I am more patient, more kind. Less materialistic, you realize how much you don't care about your furniture, or do care. I am way less selfish, and there is nothing like connecting with your pup when they demand a cuddle.

Ours are really spoiled and we fight them for bed space. But we wouldn't have it any other way.

Thats the truth goda! They sure do make you a better person. Like you something I am excited about is visiting dog parks, hopefully making friends with others and talk dogs LOL

Becky

I agree totally. I was the same with my two. I crated to start with and was always wondering what they were like when I was out and found I would be rushing to get back to check on them and every time I got back they would be snuggled up together fast asleep. I worried for nothing. Even when I stopped using the crate and left them inside and would still be the same wondering how they would be while I'm gone. Always the same except on the sofa or chair snuggled up.
I am never out more than a couple of hours anyway be still think about them all the time. They do have a doggy door so they can go out if they want and all the rooms are closed and nothing left out so they can get to it. So far they have been fantasic I think it's probably because they have each other.

I agree totally. I was the same with my two. I crated to start with and was always wondering what they were like when I was out and found I would be rushing to get back to check on them and every time I got back they would be snuggled up together fast asleep. I worried for nothing. Even when I stopped using the crate and left them inside and would still be the same wondering how they would be while I'm gone. Always the same except on the sofa or chair snuggled up.
I am never out more than a couple of hours anyway be still think about them all the time. They do have a doggy door so they can go out if they want and all the rooms are closed and nothing left out so they can get to it. So far they have been fantasic I think it's probably because they have each other.

Mine aren't so well behaved, they take my bra's and scatter them with the other dirty laundry all over the house of drag them on the bed to cuddle our dirty shirts or socks. :)

:lol: Thank you for that mental picture :p Thanks for the laugh, that was funny:rotfl:

Becky

Mine aren't so well behaved, they take my bra's and scatter them with the other dirty laundry all over the house of drag them on the bed to cuddle our dirty shirts or socks. :)

I remember when I brought Claire home, I never wanted to go anywhere, I worried about her all the time. Silly, but I think a lot of us are like that.

Cute story about the cell phone hook up, I love it!

Mine two sleep most of the time I'm gone, even if somebody else is home with them. They are resting, so they have plenty of energy for playing with me, when I come home:p Lily takes one of my slippers and cuddles with it on the sofa, Andy (my velcro boy) takes the most worn shoe I leave behind, lies down with his head on it in the hallway, so he is the first one to greet me, when I come home...

I hope Toby turns out to be perfectly fine when we leave the house like most of your dogs. I can't wait to spy on him to see.

Becky

I am going to collect my puppy Alfie a week tomorrow !

I'm finding myself busying around in the house making sure all the housework is up to date and all the little jobs Ive been putting off are now getting done. It's like that feeling when important visitors are coming and you want everything spick and span lol. Same in the garden. I've spent 2 hours this morning tidying and checking that there are no possible escape routes. The crate is already set up in the house so the :c*t: cat can have a good sniff around it and get used to it. It's like royalty are coming :sl*p:

OMG! I can't wait for pictures of the homecoming. Its weird how so much changes when a puppy comes into the home. I'm sure your home looks puppy ready. I hope the cat loves him.
I have a few more weeks before I start putting plants up and knick knacks. His playpen,crate and kennel will wait until the day before.
Our backyard is ready, 8 ft wood fence with reenforced bottom (chicken wire) just to be on the safe side. All potted plants are up and I hope the hummingbird feeders are up far enough.
Good luck with your royalty:xfngr:

I am going to collect my puppy Alfie a week tomorrow !

I'm finding myself busying around in the house making sure all the housework is up to date and all the little jobs Ive been putting off are now getting done. It's like that feeling when important visitors are coming and you want everything spick and span lol. Same in the garden. I've spent 2 hours this morning tidying and checking that there are no possible escape routes. The crate is already set up in the house so the :c*t: cat can have a good sniff around it and get used to it. It's like royalty are coming :sl*p:

OMG! I can't wait for pictures of the homecoming. Its weird how so much changes when a puppy comes into the home. I'm sure your home looks puppy ready. I hope the cat loves him.
I have a few more weeks before I start putting plants up and knick knacks. His playpen,crate and kennel will wait until the day before.
Our backyard is ready, 8 ft wood fence with reenforced bottom (chicken wire) just to be on the safe side. All potted plants are up and I hope the hummingbird feeders are up far enough.
Good luck with your royalty:xfngr:

Humming birds! Wow !

They are my hobby right now. I am learning (self taught) photography and I chose the hardest thing to photograph LOL Everyone told me to start with flowers and move up from there, nope I took the hard route! And add the rain that we have all the time..UGH!

Becky

Humming birds! Wow !

I love how my dogs have affected me, I am a better person. They opened a whole different social aspect because people stop to talk to you and comment on how cute your dogs are. I am more patient, more kind. Less materialistic, you realize how much you don't care about your furniture, or do care. I am way less selfish, and there is nothing like connecting with your pup when they demand a cuddle.

Ours are really spoiled and we fight them for bed space. But we wouldn't have it any other way.

I am the same way with my cavalier. People really to stop to take a look at Dash, he is a super star! I just love looking into Dash's face when he wants to be carried... He loves to have a bit of my pillow to put his head on when we are sleeping. These dogs are so loving!

These puppies do tend to show separation anxiety.. I've had my puppy for almost 2 weeks now, and boy can they be a bit clingy. I don't mind, and since I am home all day (i'm a graduating college this summer), I have the time to spend with him. But he cries when I'm not around, when I'm in the shower and close the curtain, when even of in company I go away... HE follows me around everywhere, constantly wants to be near me. But I have left him by him self for a few hours, and he cries a little bit at first and then seems to calm down... I am getting a crate next week to start crate training because if you leave your puppy cavalier alone, you will find many surprises around your home. I thought I would warn you on how true it is that this breed can be somewhat clingy. Everyone is surprised at how attached he is to me, but I think it's the Cavalier's natural behavior. They love to be around their people.

But they are a joy to have around, so loving and playful. There's nothing like looking into their cute little faces when they want attention, and getting puppy kisses. Enjoy your new puppy!

Back