PDA

View Full Version : Pet names for your pet

robbieswan
1st June 2011, 09:56 PM
My Tess has several names which seems to evolve from the last name called.

Tess > Tessie
Tessie > Tessie Boo
Tessie Boo > BOOBS !..Yes Boobs !.. Can you imagine me calling Tess " Come here Boobs ! "

3 of my kids are calling her " Boobs " now lol !

Blondiemonster
1st June 2011, 10:39 PM
Blondie, monster, blondiemonster, magoo, moo, magoobers, stinkpot. :)

Desrae
1st June 2011, 11:16 PM
Oh no Robbie! What's worse is calling a boy dog Boobs. I am always calling our Bobby 'Booby' or 'Boobs'. He has several 'pet' names, including Bobo, Bobolicious, the Bobonator, Wobbly Bobbly, Robert Francis, the list goes on and on! Our Belle is AKA Jelly Belly, Bluebell, Tinkerbell, Jezebel and Ding Dong!

I find it hilarious, because we can call our furry friends loads of things that a human would probably be offended by! :lol:

goda
2nd June 2011, 12:47 AM
My Tess has several names which seems to evolve from the last name called.

Tess > Tessie
Tessie > Tessie Boo
Tessie Boo > BOOBS !..Yes Boobs !.. Can you imagine me calling Tess " Come here Boobs ! "

3 of my kids are calling her " Boobs " now lol !

Atlas Batless, Pups, Poops, Little Monsters, My dogs! Luka Poopah. Ats-Brats (when atlas is being naughty but cute)

Jasper and Holly
2nd June 2011, 04:08 AM
Jasper gets Jabber, Jabberwocky and Jaspy and Holly gets Holly Dolly and Miss Holly.

mommytoClaire
2nd June 2011, 04:58 AM
These are hilarious! Robbie you take the cake with boobs. I can see you running down the street chasing the dog calling out, 'Come back boobs, come now', as some woman stops and threatened to call the authorities! Sorry, too funny.

My Claire is Claire Bear, Cee Cee, Silly girl, EauClaire, Clairelicious. There are probably others but I'm tired and not thinking straight tonight.

Furrfoot
2nd June 2011, 05:43 AM
Rose is Dinky Dog and Doe-doe :rolleyes:. She also comes to "Here kitty kitty kitty" much better than her actual name or any of her nicknames (she might be missing out on something the cats are getting! lol).

GraciesMom
2nd June 2011, 11:06 PM
These are hilarious! Robbie you take the cake with boobs. I can see you running down the street chasing the dog calling out, 'Come back boobs, come now', as some woman stops and threatened to call the authorities! Sorry, too funny..

Gracie has several names at times... my husband calls her Sparky sometimes when she is pooped and is anything but Sparky. I often call her Pretty Girl... cause she is just so darned pretty. But we do think we use Good Girl toooo much. Sometimes she may think her name is really Good Girl instead of Gracie!

mhabca
3rd June 2011, 12:57 AM
Mika - Meeks, Micky Dee, Poops, Poopers, Poopie (these are all variations of "puppy", not what it sounds like). I know there are more, but I can't think of them off hand.

ETA: Forgot, "Punkerdoo"

mommytoClaire
3rd June 2011, 03:39 AM
I just love these. My husband says I also talk in some foreign, unnamed language too, though, I think he's just hearing me run a bunch of silly names together as I kiss her into silliness. Oh wait, maybe its me who is SILLY!

GraciesMom
3rd June 2011, 04:39 PM
Miss Priss or Prissy! Cause she is... very prissy

elisant
3rd June 2011, 04:45 PM
Luka:
- Luka poopa
- Little man
- Pups
- Chunky monkey

Atlas:
- Atlas Batless
- Batless ("where did your bats go?")
- Little one
- Bug

LoneStar Hoopy
4th June 2011, 05:26 AM
I think its so funny the "nicknames" we give our furry babies.

Bobo (B&T), The boab meister, boabster,

Hoopy (BL), Hoopster, Hoop Hoop, The Woopster,

Lenee (BL), Lenee Blennie, Crazy Horse & I just know there are going to be so many more for Lenee, her personality is HUGE!

dellis
4th June 2011, 09:14 AM
oh those pet names are so funny! my three have a few too.

macy-macymoo
-moo
-magoo
-old faithful as she LOVES me and follows and waits for me ALL the time!
poppy-pops
-popsicle
-popsy

and not forgetting daisy who has the biggest personality of the three and the least amounts of names as she is just DAISY!:)

Ladybug
4th June 2011, 12:12 PM
Lady > Ladybug > Bug > Bug-a-boo > Boo Boo > Boo

And because she's such a long-legged, lanky little puppy, I also call her 'Pony'.

Soushiruiuma
4th June 2011, 05:19 PM
Guinness > Guin > Guinea Pig > Piggo

He also goes by momma's boy, pretty boy, lovey boy, oogaboo, and monster

Thistle > Thist > Miss Thist > Little Miss

She also goes by Trouble, Kissy Thist, and Little Monster. Everyone tells her she's so cute, I'm pretty sure she thinks her real name is "so cute".

As a pair I usually call them "two puppies", "monsters", or "thing 1 and thing 2"

Margaret C
4th June 2011, 05:25 PM
Tommy.........Tommy Tuppence

Faith ( who lives with my daughter) has somehow gained the additional name of Lady Penelope Piddle Pants.

mommytoClaire
6th June 2011, 04:15 AM
Okay Margaret, I will be the one to ask.....is Faith one to 'piddle' spots, hence the pet name?

MadPip
6th June 2011, 07:13 AM
Maddie is Maddie Moomoo, Minnie the moocher (because she does mooch around) Minnie the minx (that one's probably self explanatory :p) and Pesty Knickers when she's being, well, a little pest. :p:p

Pippin is Pippin Little, Munchkin (left over from his puppy days when he was a cute little munchkin), Pipster, and last, but not least, Ratfink - usually at agility shows when he has decided he cant possibly put a paw on the down contact of the dogwalk.:badgrin:

Chamberlain
6th June 2011, 08:49 PM
Chamberlain goes by...

Chamber-win
Boo-Boo
Baby Boy
Chamber-knot
Chamber-pot
Chamberlain Johnson (no idea where that came from....)

Please note....all of these names are said in a sing-song voice or in baby talk....haha

We call Sasha "Old Lady"

Margaret C
7th June 2011, 12:24 AM
Okay Margaret, I will be the one to ask.....is Faith one to 'piddle' spots, hence the pet name?

She is a good girl really.

My daughter's partner named her because of her ladylike reluctance to get her dainty little paws wet and dirty when it was raining.

There was apparently the very odd occasion when it rained all day and the inevitable accident happened.

Habba
7th June 2011, 12:28 AM
Chamberlain goes by...

Chamber-win
Boo-Boo
Baby Boy
Chamber-knot
Chamber-pot
Chamberlain Johnson (no idea where that came from....)

Please note....all of these names are said in a sing-song voice or in baby talk....haha

We call Sasha "Old Lady"

My children make fun of how I talk to our two budgies, sing song and baby talk it is :) I am sure I will do it even more with the puppy.

Teresa
7th June 2011, 04:03 PM
I'm glad it's not just me with the funny names!! lol

Barney - Barnster, Barney Boo, Fat Boy, Mummies little man, Barney the git (When he pinches Cassies food!!), Barney Arnie, OI!!

Cassie - Cass Cass, Cassie wassie woo woo, Puppy, Castibles, little Miss long Ears....

I'm sure there are more...I am just as bad with my Guinea Piggies!!!

Miffy - Mawfanwy(Off of Little Britain), Miffy wiffy, Miffy moo, Fatty Bum bum
Vicky - No longer with us was named after Vicky Pollard (Again Little Britain) Icky Vicky, Vicky Poo....lol Mostly Icky Vicky as she was a bit aloof...
Trixie - (Miffy's new friend) Trixie poo, Trixie Wixie...Fat pig!!

robbieswan
7th June 2011, 05:56 PM
Mummies little man love it!

Wagtails
7th June 2011, 08:42 PM
Our ex-show champion Victoria (who only arrived with us when she was 8 years old) was known at first as "Her Majesty" and "Madam" but now that we have got to know her better she is "Miss Plum" (geddit?)

Poppy, our youngest Cav, is usually "Pops" or "The Popster Pupster"

Lucy Shih-tsu thinks her real name is "Leave It", but we know that she is really "The Shiddy-Monster" (most of the time) or "The Shid-Kid" (very occasionally!)

Kate H
7th June 2011, 10:36 PM
My first Cavalier, Charlie, was Charlie Barley, Charlie B, C B Superdog, and Charlie Barley Wigglebottom (a very widespread Cavalier family, the Wigglebottoms).

The next, Meg, was Meggie Pegs

The third, Rowley, was never anything but Rowley - he wasn't a dog for nicknames

Oliver is occasionally Oliver Poliver, but is usually just Oliver (NEVER Ollie!), and when he's being naughty, O-li-VER!

Aled is Little Squeaky, because when he's excited he jumps up and down and squeaks.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Blondiemonster
8th June 2011, 04:07 AM
I forgot one for ours : MC Peepaws :)

mommytoClaire
9th June 2011, 03:16 AM
Okay, I'll ask what does MC peepaws stand for?

Blondiemonster
9th June 2011, 02:50 PM
M.c (like a dj m.c). And peepaws because she tends to get peepaws :) but its also something out of the show aquateen hungerforce. :)

Spangly
9th June 2011, 05:50 PM
Spangle gets called; spangledangle,
spanglydinglydangly,
babychicken,
babychicklegdog,
and winklepicker ! I have no idea why!?
I`m sure there are more too!!!!

Karen and Ruby
9th June 2011, 11:48 PM
Ruby has a few which include:

RooGoo
Rubachoobs
RubyRoo
Rubester
Angel Cakes
Super Rubes (when we a doing agility!)
Puffin Boo

Charlie has a bit less which include:

Chezza
Charlie Bear- most used!
Bear Face
Charlie Farley
Little Man
L'il C
Stinky Pete (for when he rolls in the less desirables)
The Flying Flea- which is his agility aka, if you saw how high he jumps it would be self explanatory!!

Actually no, Charlie has more than the Rubester!
:wggle:

waldor
10th June 2011, 12:26 AM
You know, this is a relief! I thought my DH and I were the only people who did this to our dog's name.:fool:

Here are our names for Sophie and the evolution or, rather, the devolution:

Sophie, Soapie, Soapster, Soap-a-dope (nothing to do with her keen intelligence). We also call her our Diva, and our little Princess.

*Pauline*
10th June 2011, 12:30 AM
Dylan: Dilly-Doo, Apple Dumpling, Smooth Dog.
Poppy: Poppy Puddles (she doesn't anymore!)
Kipling: Kip, Mr. Kipling and my son calls him Mop Head when he needs a trim, no wonder really!
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5060/5518333392_7991a1b6d9.jpg

meljoy
10th June 2011, 02:30 PM
Leo is sometimes;

Little Nardo
Nardo
Lully boy (yes I knowicon_blshing)
Or his full name Leonardo

Sydneys Mom
10th June 2011, 04:01 PM
Love this thread!

Sydney
Syd
Sydster
Space Doggie
Head case
Monkeyface
Sweet Boy
Sydman

Just to name a few :-p

robbieswan
10th June 2011, 04:08 PM
Leo is sometimes;

Lully boy (yes I knowicon_blshing)

love it!

Dublin
10th June 2011, 08:36 PM
Sparky = sparkler, sparkster, sparker-larker-larker, twinkle-twinkle-little-sparks

Lucy = juicy, loo-loo, oosie-juicy-lucy, duicey-duicey (in a weird possibly jamaican accent!), loopy-lucy

Teresa
10th June 2011, 08:44 PM
Mine are sometimes Lully Boy and Lully girl too!! :))

robbieswan
22nd June 2011, 08:38 AM
Ok. We have a new song for Tess, sung to the tune of the fast food rockers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3dPXxPGbmM

" A boo-boo girl, a boo-boo girl, Kentucky fried chicken and a boo-boo girl "

I have no excuse for this behaviour ! lol

BrooklynMom
22nd June 2011, 10:51 AM
I can't believe I haven't responded to this one yet...I just loved reading through everyone's! We are a funny bunch arent we ;) Do you think other "dog owners" have as many nicknames for their pets, or id it just us?! :fool:

Okay....Brooklyn is:
Brooky
Brooky-snooks (this is what my sister calls her)
Brooky-wooky
Brooksters (this is what my dad calls her)
Bubby (this is what I call her)
Crazy Pants
Lovey Dove

Sabby
22nd June 2011, 11:00 PM
Harley - Harley Mcfarley - My little man, Mr, Chicken Monster (when he was a puppy he screamed when we got chicken out of the oven he was so exited)

Ebony - Ebony Bebony, Miss, Rottweiler.

Rosie - Rosie Bosie, Mrs, My husband calls her Fatty.

jasperpaw
23rd June 2011, 02:31 PM
This thread has given me a good giggle - I love all the names.

Jasper is called: Jasby Wasby or just `J`

Ollie is called: Ollie Bolly or Olsters and also mummies little Tiger sometimes.

Nalu
24th June 2011, 12:29 AM
It's "good morning Sunshine!" every morning. When she's ambitious it's "Gnarly Naly" and by the end of the day it's more like "Hey you in the puppy suit!" I like making up words to the tune "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" usually with a refrain like "puppy duppy doodle all a day!" It's just such a good puppy melody.

Blondiemonster
24th June 2011, 02:41 AM
It's "good morning Sunshine!" every morning. When she's ambitious it's "Gnarly Naly" and by the end of the day it's more like "Hey you in the puppy suit!" I like making up words to the tune "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" usually with a refrain like "puppy duppy doodle all a day!" It's just such a good puppy melody.

Hey u in the puppysuit. That made me laugh. May have to steal that sometime! :)