PDA

View Full Version : In the process :)

Habba
3rd June 2011, 01:29 AM
Hi all,

I have already posted for some advice on the general chat area, but think I should introduce myself here :)

I am in the process of getting a Cavalier, hopefully we will have one by August. We have decided that it would be best for us to get a male, as there are three male Cavaliers in our street.

I have five children from the age of 4 to 12, my 10 year old boy is autistic. I think that it will be wonderful for them to have a dog, but the truth is that I am doing this mostly for myself :) Itīs about time this mother thinks of herself :)

The only problem is that my husband is less than happy about a dog, but says he is willing to put up with it for my benefit. He is an avid photographer so I hope that he will love the dog when he sees how photogenic it is :)

best regards from Iceland
Habba

Ladybug
18th June 2011, 01:55 PM
I have five children from the age of 4 to 12, my 10 year old boy is autistic. I think that it will be wonderful for them to have a dog, but the truth is that I am doing this mostly for myself :)

I'm sure he will bring so much joy into your life and Cavaliers do wonders for autistic children. I'm from Australia and this is an uplifting article from Western Australia: http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/regional/southwest/a/-/community/9520540/small-dog-opens-big-doors/

All the best - I bet you and your kids can't wait!

Habba
18th June 2011, 10:14 PM
Thank you for the link. This is exactly what I hope for my son. Kofri has been with us for five days now and is wonderful. My parents live next door to us and my son prefers to be there (his four year old twin sisters bother him). I am hoping the puppy will give him more reason to stay with us :)

Habba

Desrae
19th June 2011, 09:13 PM
Hello and welcome! One of my cavaliers, Belle, is a therapy dog and currently we go to our local special needs school and work with autistic children. It's amazing to see how they react to her. It really does work wonders!