• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bad night - Tess was so hot

robbieswan

I have seen every hour last night. Tess sleeps at the bottom of our bed and was panting and restless all night. It wasn't until 4:00am did I realise that just giving her water was not working. We opened the bedroom window and it seemed to have an instant calming effect on Tess..Then she slept right through. I am totally shattered today, and reminds me of how I felt when my kids were ill..I just couldn't sleep through worry.:hug:

Is it really hot there now?

I do the very same thing... can't sleep if she is sick! You are a good daddy!

We have had some really hot weather and not sure Gracie could sleep here with our the AC on. You may want to consider one of the cool beds.... I just ordered one for hot days when she wants to go out on the porch.
http://www.amazon.com/Canine-Cooler...2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1307185519&sr=1-2

This might help if it is too warm. Or having a box fan blowing a breeze on above her might help as well.

Great idea, but Tess it too posh for that blanket. The weather has turned really hot all of a sudden. I have not taken her out for a walk this morning for fear of her overheating. I will take her tonight when it's cooler.

The best thing to do is to get a towel and soak it in very cold water and lay on the dogs head.

Nanette

My husband took an outdoor lounger chair pad and a box fan and set it up for Rose because she likes to be outside with him when he's grilling. We didn't even have to show her the set up- she plunked her little princess self down on the pad in front of the fan immediately, lol. ;) Cheap box fans work wonders. We used to put them in the windows at night in the summer to help cool the house down, and tie them up high in the horse's stalls to help keep them cool in the summer. Putting a bowl of ice (set it up about center of the fan) behind them feels really good, too :) .

Back