• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

well you shouldn't be breeding cavaliers...

denali

I saw someone advertising cavalier puppies online the other day and they were extremely proud of the fact that they were 'extremely healthy' and had 'heightened natural immune systems' because they grew up outside!

So naturally i was curious and sent an email pretending to be interested in a puppy and i asked what health testing she does to be so sure that the puppies were extremely healthy.

I asked specifically about SM and quoted a few statistics. This was the reply i got, and i am taking it as a "i don't health test my dogs for SM or MVD"

Im really sorry to say, I don’t think a Cavalier is the right type of dog for you, and the research that you are quoting is inaccurate and more Cavaliers die from heart related issues as a rule and yes SM is an issue for all breeders of toy dogs and many different types of breeds have the problem. I hope you are not upset by the email and all the best finding the dog that best suits your needs.

Jenny

I have had cavaliers previously and they suit us amazingly :) and the innacurate research and statistics i quoted were off the ruperts fund site and another link found ON the ruperts fund site. So i think my information was reliable!

Back