• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Noses - Who Has The Sniffiest ?

Brian M

Hi

Out of my four it has to be our Pops she has this amazing nose that goes up like a periscope and takes frequent samples of surrounding air and if theres food about she off like a rocket to wherever its located .Last week I put a pack of liver treats down on a kitchen work top all unopened in an air tight container and Pops wandered past then stopped dead in her tracks, up nose ,sit down and start barking .What a sniffer .:D

Poppys Deadly Weapon

5815474955_82dde58920.jpg

This morning Oliver and I went to the family care clinic in Coventry to help a 4-year-old girl who is scared of dogs. Last week, our first session with Lily, we were indoors; today we went out to the patch of grass behind the building and someone had sat at the picnic table and dropped bits of biscuit on the grass. Oliver could smell a small piece of biscuit 4 yards away! And first thing in the morning he likes to sit outside the back door and sniff the air and listen intently for his daily news bulletin about what the dogs (and people) of the neighbourhood are up to.

Incidentally, the little girl and I walked round with Oliver, both holding leads, and at the end I suggested he deserved a pat for being good and she actually gave him a little stroke - her psychiatrist was very pleased.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Ah that's such a nice story Kate.

Brian, Ive only had Alfie 24 hours and already he deserves the nickname sniffy :grin:
He looks just like a bloodhound, nose to the ground, sussing out all and everything :d*g: sniff :d*g::d*g: sniff

Back