• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

book of cavalier memories..

pagep

When our 14 year old cavalier Oscar died some months back, we thought about ways in which we could best honour his memory. We wanted to do something for our eldest son, who was particularly close to him, so for his recent birthday, we presented him with a a book we had created using an online service (www.blurb.com) containing photographs, quotes and memories of his old pal. The quality of these books are exceptional, beautifully bound hard backs on good quality paper with excellent reproductions of the photographs. The software is free to download from that website, and when you are finished putting the book together, you upload the finished book to blurb and they print it and send it on.

There are many ways to remember our departed canine friends-we had Oscar cremated and keep his ashes in a beautiful box, we have a lovely canvas picture of him on the wall, but this is my favourite way of honouring his memory-photos from the time he was puppy right up until the time he passed away, with quotes and little memories of his time with us scattered throughout the book.

Below is a link to a preview of our book with a selection of the pages -worth checking out just to get an idea of how it looks and some of the layouts. Just click on preview book and then click on each page to turn over to next page. Prices shown indicate how much we paid for the small format hardback -there are less expensive options for this kind of service, but I am not sure how they compare quality wise.

http://www.blurb.com/my/book/detail/2198459

Thanks for posting all this info as I've been thinking about doing something similar for my precious Megan, who died last month aged 12 1/2. There are quite a few similar websites where you can do this, but I didn't know the one you've chosen.

Strangely (or perhaps not so strangely really) we also have Megan in a lovely casket surrounded by photos, and I'm about to collect the canvas wrap which I won in Robbieswan's auction on here recently. Will post a picture on that thread when I've got it.

Great minds, eh?

it is such a great idea. I know of this website and have browsed it myself. It seems to be a good service! Your books are really lovely, what a treasure!

I don't see your Oliver book, is it not uploaded yet?

Back