• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My goodness me!

Blueroses

How does one so little and cute cause so much mahem ? :sl*p:
Alfie is now 9 weeks and is obviously going to be very intelligent as he can already come,.... sit,.... lie down ,.... give his paw... and roll over, on command............BUT he has these complete crazies! Biting my hands, charging around wild eyed, chewing forbidden things etc etc. It is nigh on impossible to calm him when he is like it. I believe its calles FRAPP ( frenetic random activity period puppy) His little teeth are like razor blades too! Have we all gone through this? Any tips on how to deal with this and how long does it last?
Dont worry I still love him to pieces :lotsaluv:

Look at that angelic little face

Alf1.jpg

I had the same problem with Lady... well she's 6 months old now and she's still hyper. But the biting in particular was a problem (as you say - sharp little teeth!). I was able to correct the biting by saying a loud 'ouch' everytime she bit me and ignoring her for about a minute. I did a lot of research to get advice as to what to do and tried a lot of things, but this was the only thing that worked and she stopped biting after about a week of consistently saying 'ouch' each time she did it.

As for the crazy puppy behaviour, I can't really help - Lady still chews anything and everything (my bedroom floor is currently covered with ripped up paper) and runs around like crazy. I hear they grow out of it eventually... but you might be in for a long wait.

Hi

Yes we have all gone through it ,and for me on four occasions and I would still do it all again many times more .If one
can be this much fun just mutiply him by four .

Brian
and
Poppy
Daisy
Rosie
and
Lily

Gracie was the same... but much better now....

The main thing to do is keep lots of things around that he is allowed to chew on and give those to Alfie as alternative. Praise when he stops chewing on things he shouldn't and chews on something he should. When he bites, say "OUCH" and he learns that it is too much. Learning not to bite others is something they often learn in the kennel with their siblings, but not always.

Gracie still gets a bit of a frantic period about 30 minutes after her dinner. And it is hard to calm her down. What works best is to not interact with her but keep asking her to come to you in a calm voice. Finally, she will wind herself down... and is usually thristy after that.

The main thing to do is keep lots of things around that he is allowed to chew on and give those to Alfie as alternative. Praise when he stops chewing on things he shouldn't and chews on something he should. When he bites, say "OUCH" and he learns that it is too much. Learning not to bite others is something they often learn in the kennel with their siblings, but not always.

Gracie still gets a bit of a frantic period about 30 minutes after her dinner. And it is hard to calm her down. What works best is to not interact with her but keep asking her to come to you in a calm voice. Finally, she will wind herself down... and is usually thristy after that.

Fabulous advice

Back