• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Mimis turning 1!!!! And having surgery!!!!

whittakeramy

A week today and mimi will be a whole year old, she is growing up so fast. I will be spending time with her on thursday and then she will be staying in the family home while i stay at my new place. We decided she wasnt going to move with us just yet as next friday she will finally be having her surgery for LP so i will be back up nice and early in the morning to give her plenty of fuss and get her ready for the trip to the vets. I will be taking her stuffed racoon with her so she feels a bit better. I was suprised we were able to have the surgery done so soon as we were having a little bit of a problem with the insurance but we were able to get a pre autorisation claim so we got the go ahead from both the insurance and the vet so we set it up for as soon as the vet was back from holiday so we are ready. She will be confined to the one room for at least a week so she has nothing to hurt herself on or anything she can jump up on. Then she will be closely monitored by us all the time as in the family home she will have someone there almost 24 hours a day which is great. When she is better she will start to stay with us at the new place but as there are a few steps for her to get up to get there and to get out to the toilet we didnt think it was a good idea and the fact we didnt want her new 'sister' Daisy to hurt her, she wouldnt do it intentionally but she is a staff and very playful so we will be watching very carefully when she does start to come over again. Just thought you guys would like to know about he surgery.

I remember you posting about it before. Glad the insurance is sorted. If the surgeon is good you will have no problems. I am just surprised that she is so young. My Ebony had a bad Luxating Patella and the operation in April. She still does Hydro every week as she lost 50% of her muscle but she is back to normal. We have to do a lot of lead walking. I was really scared but everything was fine and I am sure everything will be fine with Mimi. You be surprised how quick they recover and then you have to watch her like a hawk. Will be thinking of you and Mimi on Friday.

Poor Mimi to deal with this on her birthday...

but wishing a fast recovery so she can get around better with an improved patella. Good luck!

Thanks guys, it is a little bit harsh having the surgery the day after her birthday but she has got a little doggy cake to have and a new toy to keep her happy and the surgery should make her w whole lot happier in the long term.

Back