• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Something wrong with Ebony again

Sabby

I can’ believe I am writing on the heath section again.
Some might remember that Ebony had a Luxating Patellar operation in April. Everything was going great and she had her last check up on Thursday, also the physio is pleased with her.
Well on Friday I noticed that she couldn’t jump up onto the sofa (not like her at all). She is ok walking straight and even backwards, she even runs into the garden when she sees a bird, it’s only if she takes corners very quick her backside wobbles and she slips. As I had an appointment with the physio today anyway he told me he will have a look at her. He said it’s definitely not her legs or her hips he thinks it’s her back as her muscles are all tense and stiff in her back and he said that the nerve endings are in her backside that’s why he thinks she wobbles. I made an appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon that operated on her tomorrow afternoon. I am already thinking the worse. I am worried out of my mind. She has been through so much already with her murmur and patellar. She was just ready to walk of lead again. What a setback. I am so upset.

Hello Sabby

Poor you and poor Ebony ,I do so hope its only a minor strain or similar as you two have had enough this year.
So fingers and sixteen paws crossed its only minor and she will be fine .If shes up and chasing birds she cant
be too bad so our kindest thoughts to you both and we will keep on watching for news.

bri and
pops ,daisy,rosie and lily

Good luck this tomorrow afternoon. I have a similar issue with Dougall. He doesn't wobble but
his muscles in his back become very tight and sensitive which then causes issues regarding jumping/pain etc.
This is all due to his cm, (sensory problem) he is medicated and is professionally massaged once per fortnight.
I don't want to be the voice of doom but it might be something else to consider.

Good luck this tomorrow afternoon. I have a similar issue with Dougall. He doesn't wobble but
his muscles in his back become very tight and sensitive which then causes issues regarding jumping/pain etc.
This is all due to his cm, (sensory problem) he is medicated and is professionally massaged once per fortnight.
I don't want to be the voice of doom but it might be something else to consider.

She is not showing any signs at all that would make me think she has CM/SM. And I am always on the lookout for signs. Her mum is 8 and got SM but is not symptomatic so I know the chance is always there. This just happened over night. My husband thinks he saw her trying to jump up on the living room window ledge together with Harley. That would be about right. The vet I am seeing is knowledgeable about SM and he does spend a lot of time talking to you. I see what he says.

Poor Ebony and poor you. Just as you were getting back to normal, no wonder you are upset.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is just a strained muscle.

Back