• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vaccinations

Sydneys Mom

I just got a vaccination reminder (probably computer generated) from Sydney's general vet for DHPP 3 Year Vaccine. I sort of remember reading this is not a good idea for dogs with severe heart problems. He's not due until the end of the month and I will be checking with his cardiologist and general vetnect week before doing anything, but I am just looking for your opinions on this. Thanks in advance.

You could always have a titer drawn, then make your decision based on his level of immunity.

ABSOLUTELY NO VACCINATIONS EVER AGAIN FOR ANYTHING, INCLUDING RABIES!!! There are a lot of threads on the board about the subject and you can do a search.

No need to spend money and do invasive blood test for a titer. You shouldn't vaccinate no matter what the result of a titer. And remember that titers don't measure memory cells anyway........

Pat

Absolutely positively no more vaccines. I think that given Sydney's health concerns, even if you titered and got a low response, I still wouldn't vaccinate. If you would like some info re vets in our area, please feel free to pm me. I'm also in San Diego. I'm also curious about who your cardiologist is. Most cardios would support your decision not to vaccinate further.

Absolutely positively no more vaccines. I think that given Sydney's health concerns, even if you titered and got a low response, I still wouldn't vaccinate. If you would like some info re vets in our area, please feel free to pm me. I'm also in San Diego. I'm also curious about who your cardiologist is. Most cardios would support your decision not to vaccinate further.

VACCINATIONS

Could I mention again on this Subject ,that I had collected around 100 Pedigrees of Cavaliers already suffering from Heart Trouble, who within a Month of Having their Vaccinations their Heart Condition suddenly worsend and died had shortly afterwards.

I sent those Pedigrees to Dr Larry Glickman who was doing Research at Purdue University ,America ,this is his reply to me.

He said their Research had Shown that there is a Significant Rise in Anti-Bodies Dogs produce against their own Tissues.
Some of those Anti-Bodies have shown to Target to Connective Tissue such as that found in the Valves of the Heart

He does believe that the Heart Conditions in Cavaliers could be the end Result of Repeated Immunisations by Vaccines containing Tissue Culture Contaminants that cause a Progressive Immune Response directed at Connective Tissue in the Heart Valves.

Dr Jean Dodds the world wide well known Immunuologist,has also said that some Cavaliers could be Genetically Susceptible to their Vaccinations and have Allergic Reactions from them

Bet

All of you have given me lots to think about and read about before speaking to the cardio. At least now ,I'll be able to speak like an informed person and make an intelligent decision based on the facts.

Back