• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Member and Introducing New Puppy Questions

Hi All,
I joined this network to get some advice on introducing a new Cavalier puppy (14 wks old) to my 12 year old Cav. Here's the situation: I will be picking up my new Cav from an airport - I am sure this will be stressful in and of itself for the puppy; My older daughter will be visiting our home and will be at an agility trial with my 12 year old Cav and her Border Collie when I am picking up the puppy and return home. I know all of our agility friends are anxious to meet the new puppy but I'm concerned about too much on one day for this puppy; I can always do a short visit to the trial the next day. What would you recommend to make this day and first weekend the best for all involved?

BACKGROUND WITH OTHER DOGS: The older Cav has lived with the border collie for 5 years; the border left home last fall with my daughter to college and they are only home about 8 weeks a year now - 4 weeks at a time and on rare occasions a long weekend. Of the 2 dogs, the Cav is the alpha dog. While I KNOW my older Cav misses his buddy and tolerates visits from my other daughters 2 dogs (Border terriers), I want the new relationship with the puppy to be a positive one from the beginning.

Look forward to the advice.
Leslie

Back