• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Spay wound photo - only 2 stitches - neat stitching?

Nicki

Lauren was spayed on Wednesday and I was very surprised when I saw her wound - the vet said that there are plently of internal stitches and really the two external ones are only there for his peace of mind! I've never seen it done like this before - have seen some pretty awful jagged stitching :( and usually about 7 stitches along the length.

The wound is healing really well and she's not bothering at it which is good.

original.jpg

That looks really neat Nicki,
That should heal up very quickly and leave very little scarring.Good to know it's not bothering her!
There's a new vet in Cork offering the "keyhole" spay and hopefully it'll catch on and open surgery and longer recovery times will hopefully become a thing of the past.
Are the others leaving her alone?
Get well soon Lauren!
Sins

I'm really pleased with it - I had to change vet practices last year after major problems with my vets of 7 years, just after I lost both Teddy and Fufu.

It's really hard when you've had a good vet previously, so I was dreading the change, but TBH I'm so impressed with this practice - they really care about the animals and the clients, and have been interested to learn about Syringomyelia and PSOM, Cavaliers are quite rare around here so they have not really encountered these issues - although I suspect that SM may have been missed in the past like with many vets and owners.

The others are being really good with her - Lauren is either in her cage or next to me, in her harness and I sit on the lead so she can't jump down 8)

I thought Tommy might be a bit rough but he seems to know and is more careful around her.

Thanks for the get well wishes. Hope everyone is as well as possible with you.

I had a similar spay done at livs. There were no stitches at all so it was a bit creepy since it looked like there had been no surgery. :) it healed up so fast

That look fab. Vivian was spay with an endoscope, 2 short incisions closed with dermabond (medical grade super glue). She never bothered it.

So pleased for Lauren, hopefully this will mean a much quicker recovery for her. Gentle hugs to Lauren. :hug:

Back