PDA

View Full Version : MVD - EPIC Study

MurphysMummy
8th July 2011, 12:09 PM
My little Murphy is a part of the Epic study. Just wondered if anyone on the forum is part of it too?

Nicki
8th July 2011, 01:13 PM
I haven't heard of anyone else on it, but you might want to read this thread, there is a discussion about this study :(

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?37917-Beware-the-Pimobendan-Vetmedin-quot-EPIC-Clinical-Trial-quot-There-Is-No-Upside&highlight=EPIC

MurphysMummy
8th July 2011, 02:11 PM
Wow just had a read through. Thanks Nicki.
Going to try to withdraw Murphy from the trial and stop his vetmedin/placebo tablet straight away.

Soushiruiuma
8th July 2011, 06:53 PM
Murphy'sMom,

You may want to discuss with your vet about making you fully aware of the current state of research, and potential negatives of before including you in a clinical trial. While these studies are critical to the advancement of medicine (both animal and human), you have a right to be informed beforehand and to opt out of trials based on this information.

MurphysMummy
8th July 2011, 10:32 PM
I never got informed of negative effects of the trial... I am going to call cardiologist on Monday to discuss trial some more... In the 9 months murphy has been on the trial the only thing that has changed is his bpm for his heart. Hoping his tablet is the placebo.

RodRussell
8th July 2011, 11:24 PM
I never got informed of negative effects of the trial... I am going to call cardiologist on Monday to discuss trial some more... In the 9 months murphy has been on the trial the only thing that has changed is his bpm for his heart. Hoping his tablet is the placebo.

I am sure he will try to talk you out of dropping out. So be prepared with some print outs of those quotes from other cardiologists and those research journal articles.