PDA

View Full Version : Which Isle of Dogs products are best for Cavs?

Ladybug
12th July 2011, 03:59 AM
I've done some research and it seems that Isle of Dogs shampoos and conditioners are highly recommended by many Cavalier owners, and as it's available in Australia I'd like to order some.

I'd just like to know for those who have experience with this brand - which are your preferred shampoo and conditioner? Some seem to prefer the Royal Jelly and others, the Evening Primrose. And I'm guessing the Heavy Management for the conditioner?

Lady is 7 months and her tail is very full, the rest of her coat is starting to come in, but her ears are still short and very thin.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated :)

Holly
12th July 2011, 09:47 PM
I like the Royal Jelly and the Heavy Management. They also have a great grooming spray!

Pat
12th July 2011, 10:17 PM
FWIW, I've tried a number of premium grooming products, including Isle of Dogs, since I have a friend who is a groomer and always has new products for me to sample.

I still absolutely love, above all other products, Tropiclean shampoo - there are quite a few formulas but I like the Papaya Plus. Since I have four dogs and (as many in the US) I bathe my four more frequently than many, the cost difference is quite significant. I purchase shampoo in one or two and a half gallon sizes for cost efficiency. Friends always comment on what nice coats my four have and how nice they always smell. Since my little rescue girl insists on sleeping UNDER the covers every night right up against me even during the hot summer months, soft and good smelling are important to me! Even if the cost was equal, I still prefer the Tropiclean product.

Pat

Ladybug
13th July 2011, 01:22 AM
I like the Royal Jelly and the Heavy Management. They also have a great grooming spray!

Thanks! Is that the conditioning mist? Which one do you use?

Erin2854
13th July 2011, 02:22 AM
I use and love their primrose whitening shampoo (no 16 I think?) and their heavy management conditioner (#51)