• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

james wellbeloved diet

Marta Orzel

hello got a question i am giving my Tobi james wellbeloved dry food turkey and rise and would love to give him that same branch but an example JW lamb and rise ot other.my question is do i need to introduce him a little every day or i can give him straight away?ty for help Marta

The usual advice is to introduce a new food gradually over several days by mixing it with the old; but I've never found I've had to do this with mine, particularly if the new food is simply a different flavour of the old one. I think it's food that looks very different - different shape biscuits for example - that makes some dogs suspicious of a new food; mine just gobble up whatever flavour's put before them, and I deliberately give them all the different flavours of their usual food, in case one becomes unobtainable for some reason (and because it makes life a bit more interesting!).

Kate, Oliver and Aled

thank you very much
what i thought if the food is that same branch there is no need to introduce it again.its only difference between turkey and lamb everything is the same.what someone else thinking of that?
thank you

Regardless of brand or flavour (unless, it is literally the same food!), I tend to mix the new and old foods for a few days to ensure there are no stomach upsets and to get the dogs used to the new food. So, if you were switching from JWB Turkey to JWB Lamb, maybe mix them for a few days before switching completely to the new food just to make sure!

Kate H;396722 that makes some dogs suspicious of a new food[/QUOTE said:
Great advice..... Kate made me laugh, my three have never been suspicous of anything! everything goes down the hatch faster than the speed of light :-D:-D.

Like Kate, mine also have never had issues with switching foods whether it be flavours or brands. They will happily gooble anything with out a second thought!

To be honest I normally feed Burns High Oats but sometimes this isn't available so I buy JWB, normally Fish and Rice Light/Senior.

Mine quite enjoy the change I think and I've never had any issues with tummy upsets or anything but it needs to be down to what your dog is OK with. If they have a sensitive tummy and have had upsets in the past then my advice would be to introduce it over a few days!

Tania wrote: my three have never been suspicous of anything!

Same with my two - but I have known dogs faced with a new, different-looking food to clearly say with their expression:'What's this muck you're trying to fob me off with now? If you expect a Cavalier to eat that, think again!'

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back