PDA

View Full Version : Not A Lot Of Cavaliers About

Brian M
17th July 2011, 01:19 PM
Hi

Having just come back from a weeks holiday in The Lakes and walking around all the popular tourist spots
from Mayport to Whitehaven to Grassmere to Windermere we saw a grand total of four other Cavaliers in
the week,and not one a puppy .I also noticed of the many varied visitors from other countries it always
seemed the Japanese visitors seemed more taken with our Cavaliers than any of our other guests ,is that
because of the beautiful little Chins and other small breeds that developed in the east.?

meljoy
17th July 2011, 02:45 PM
When we were in Devon last year we saw many cavaliers when we were out and about. Always stopped for a chat with the owners like you do. :dogwlk:

GraciesMom
17th July 2011, 02:45 PM
I do know that my good friends from Japan told me that because homes there are so much smaller usually that small breeds are almost a necessity. Also, in the cities, many do not have any yard at all and must walk long way to parks.

StillPooh
17th July 2011, 02:57 PM
I keep forgetting what popular dogs Cavaliers are in the U.K. In the U.S., they are still fairly rare and mine are usually the only ones in the dog park! Most frequent first question from strangers is to ask me what breed they are.

Pat
17th July 2011, 03:45 PM
I keep forgetting what popular dogs Cavaliers are in the U.K. In the U.S., they are still fairly rare and mine are usually the only ones in the dog park! Most frequent first question from strangers is to ask me what breed they are.

That varies quite a bit depending on what part of the country you are in - in Atlanta there are many, many Cavaliers and I see them everywhere.

Pat

gamefanz
17th July 2011, 04:01 PM
It looks like there are many in the Seattle area but down where I am there doesn't seem to be as many. I would love to find a play group to join but I can't find one where I am. Maybe its a big city/little town issue LOL
Becky

StillPooh
17th July 2011, 07:18 PM
Becky, I found a Cavalier group that gets together once a month on meetup.com. You might have similar luck!

gamefanz
17th July 2011, 08:34 PM
Thank you. I tried it and only came up with Seattle:( I have done so many searches for play dates/play groups and nothing in my area:( Oh well.
Becky

Becky, I found a Cavalier group that gets together once a month on meetup.com. You might have similar luck!

LovesJellyBeans
18th July 2011, 07:49 PM
Thank you. I tried it and only came up with Seattle:( I have done so many searches for play dates/play groups and nothing in my area:( Oh well.
Becky

Someday if you are up for the drive you would definitely be most welcome in our group. I do know that there are some down in Olympia and one of my group members lives in Tacoma, so we are quite far for her too.

gamefanz
18th July 2011, 07:59 PM
Do you mean there are groups in Olympia or people who visit your group from Olympia? The places you meet, are they easy to find for someone who has only been to Seattle a few times? Its such a confusing city for a Non-city girl like me LOL
Becky

Someday if you are up for the drive you would definitely be most welcome in our group. I do know that there are some down in Olympia and one of my group members lives in Tacoma, so we are quite far for her too.

Chamberlain
18th July 2011, 08:41 PM

I agree! Most people can see that it is a "spaniel" of some sort but don't know that it is a Cavalier.