PDA

View Full Version : Tess has hurt her pads

robbieswan
22nd July 2011, 10:16 AM
We are on holiday and tess has the skin peeling from some of her pads on her feet. We are rubbing antiseptic cream on them which seems to be working. She runs on soft sand on the beach normally at home so i think the asphalt is a shock to her feet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

GraciesMom
22nd July 2011, 10:30 PM
We are having to be very careful here with record-breaking heat. Poor little Tess! Hugs.
We are on holiday and tess has the skin peeling from some of her pads on her feet. We are rubbing antiseptic cream on them which seems to be working. She runs on soft sand on the beach normally at home so i think the asphalt is a shock to her feet.Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Nicki
25th July 2011, 10:28 AM
Poor wee soul - yes it does sound like she just had very soft pads. Obviously if they are not improving you need to take her to the vet.

Once they are better you can try something like paw wax which would help protect them.

Kate H
25th July 2011, 11:35 AM
Once Tess's pads are no longer raw, regular dipping in salt water will help to harden them. Perhaps encourage her to paddle in pools and at the edge of the sea, instead of only walking on the sand!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

mommytoClaire
4th August 2011, 05:24 AM
Just wondering how Tess is doing?