• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Every cloud has a silver lining....

jigglymarina

Hi, everyone!
My name is Marina and I'm from Croatia. I have the cutest 11-week old Cavie baby girl named Amelie :l*v: She's been with me for 3 weeks now. Only, the reason why I have Amelie is a very sad one. You see, up until a month ago my best friend and biggest love was my Cavie Rio, the cutest 2-year old Blenheim. In the period of 2 years, the 2 of us went through everything together - from changing jobs and apartments, cities even, to breaking up relationships and starting new ones. Whatever life threw at us, Rio and I dealt with it together. Until I went to Tunisia for holidays. My mom was looking after him, taking him to walks and all. But one day, Rio sensed a cat, hurried toward it, my mom lost control of the lead, a car came by, and that was it..... Rio was no longer in my life. Everything had changed, my whole world had been crushed. The only thing I could do, so I wouldn't drown in my sadness, was to get another Cavie as soon as possible. And this is where Amelie comes in :) She has brought me so much joy and hope at the time when I thought nothing ever could...
So here we are, Amelie and I, at the start of a new friendship and hopefully, a long-term life filled with happiness :l*v:

And now a few pics of my 2 favourite dogs in the whole world. First Rio, R.I.P. :(

P6050340new.jpg

P6090184new.jpg

SNC00382new.jpg

And now my new love, Amelie :D

P8020053new.jpg

P8020032new.jpg

P8020015new.jpg

P8020012new.jpg

Welcome :). So sorry to hear of your loss of Rio;it is very hard always but especially with a young dog to an unexpected situation like this. Amelie is adorable and I am sure helps to heal your loss. :flwr:

Hello and welcome to the group!
I am so very sorry for your loss, your story made me tear up. I can't imagine what your family must have gone through, many many hugs:hug: I'm so happy to hear that you have been able to open your heart to a new puppy. She is so cute! Thank you for sharing your story and your pictures of Rio and Amelie. RIP Rio :hug:
Becky

Welcome. And I too want to say I'm so sorry about Rio (that is one of my favorite names).He was a gorgeous boy and Amelie is so cute. It probably helps to have a different color cavie so that every time you look at her you don't see Rio. I know he will always be in your heart but now Amelie can help you heal. You will have so much fun with her. I love the puppy picture of her on her side.

What a beautiful and inspiring post and what a beautiful picture your well chosen words paint of two very different Cavaliers sharing your love together. Amelie is a very lucky pup to be with you and I know that she will be as loved and cherished as Rio was during her brief life too. Your pictures are great too, two dogs with your love for them shining through because of the way you have photographed them to share with us.

Thank you - you have lit up my day and perhaps shown us all that there is life and love to be had and enjoyed after tragedy has struck.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words :) It is also interesting that in this tragedy, I have witnessed how kind complete strangers can be, and how many people have also lost their dogs to speeding cars :(
And you are right, Love my Cavaliers, I wanted to have a different colour Cav and also different gender, and it proved a good idea :)

Welcome :) I'm so sorry for your loss of Rio he was a stunning boy. I haven't had to go through the tragedy of losing one of my cavaliers and I can't imagine how awful it must be.
Your little girl Amelia is just lovely! What a cheeky little face.

Your story of Rio is so sad and I am sorry for your loss. Amelie will help you and give you a focus. Give her a cuddle from Rio as well as yourself each night as you go to bed. :)

Thank You for sharing your story. I know you miss Rio so very much, and he was a beautiful boy! But I am so glad you have Amelie to help ease the loss just a bit, and bring you some joy. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Thank you all for your kind words and positive thoughts :) Each time I start getting in a bad mood, Amelie's cheerful and unbelievably cute little tricoloured face makes me all better again. There's just no way of feeling blue ;)

Such a bittersweet story. Welcome to the forum, your new pup is adorable! Rio will always have a special place in your heart I am sure :)

ah love....

How lovely that your great love for handsome Rio has allowed to keep your heart open to a beautiful new companion. Give your Mom a special hug from Rio as I'm sure she feels awful about the tragedy of his loss. All the best to you and the new little girl.

Back