PDA

View Full Version : New to the breed, but a great start with two puppies

Jantasy
7th August 2011, 06:46 PM
Hello from Texas ~

We lost our Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier early this year and when I decided it was time for another wagging tail in the house, I researched Cavaliers since that is what I really wanted 10 years ago.

Upon speaking with several very helpful breeders and doing my homework about the breed, I found a wonderful male in May. He is a tri and is 5 1/2 months old. After only a few weeks with Cowboy, I decided that one just wasn't enough and that I must have another. Last Sunday, Anasazi, (we call her Sazi) came to live with us. She will be 6 months old Aug. 10. and is a beautiful black and tan. They adore each other and are so much fun.

I would enjoy online visiting with other Cavalier lovers as I am totally smitten. There's so much for me to learn about them. What I would especially enjoy is knowing someone geographically convenient so as to perhaps begin a club of Cav families and get together on a regular basis; perhaps quarterly, semi-anually, or at some appointed time.

I enjoy reading about the Cavaliers of others and am amused to know that I am not the only person so taken with these little treasures.

Reptigirl
7th August 2011, 08:14 PM
Welcome!!! Where in Texas are you? I'm in San Antonio!!

Jantasy
8th August 2011, 12:17 AM
Hey back and thanks for the welcome. Right now, we are in Jacksonville, TX, but have bought a home in Alpine, TX and will be moving there in stages after we close at the end of the month. :lpy: I don't look forward to moving, but Cowboy and Sazi will make it interesting! They have so much fun together that I think having two of them will actually make the move easier than just the one.

How long have you had your Cav?

mommytoClaire
8th August 2011, 11:59 PM
Welcome, and looking forward to getting to you know you and your new pups!

StillPooh
9th August 2011, 11:39 PM
Howdy and welcome! Our Clancy came to us from Houston. :cool:

We would love to see pics of your babies!

Rj Mac
10th August 2011, 07:26 AM
Hi there , icon_welcomelots of like minded folk here to help and support, and just natter:D