• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do stuff with your great Cavalier!

liamismydog

Hi, I'm Cathy. Liam is my dog. He's a tri cavalier, six years old.

Liam is a great pet. He's also my hobby, my joy, my entertainment. Liam completed the AKC CGC when he was about a year old. We went on to finish a CD. Obedience is easy with Cavaliers, but, really, it's not much fun.

I know of many Cavalier people who do therapy work with their dogs. Pets on Wheels and organizations like it are great.

We have a lot of Cavalier friends who we see at AKC agility trials too. Liam and I are working together in AKC Excellent level agility. We'll be there forever, as long as Liam loves it.

Now, at 6, Liam has started flyball. He loves that too. So much to be happy about. He's admired by other flyball people, he runs, he jumps and he plays with a ball! What more could any dog want?

The North American Flyball Association posts the number of dogs in each breed who run in flyball. There are only about 35 Cavaliers registered nationwide. What a shame!

When they're young, teaching Cavaliers to fetch a ball is a cinch. Playing ball keeps all dogs strong and healthy, even if they don't have a human companion who runs or bikes. The love of playing ball is the essence of flyball, and it seems too many Cavaliers never get the chance.

Cavaliers are the best, most loving, most beautiful dogs in the world. They can enjoy so many things. Sure, being couch potatoes and lap friends is great. Getting them out there and doing stuff with them makes a happy dog. And a happy human too!

I'd like to hear from other Cavalier people who get out and do active stuff with their dogs.

Hi! I am new to the forum. I own a Blenheim cavalier named Rosie. I couldn't agree more with you about playing ball with my dog. All I have to do is tell her to find her ball and she will run around the yard until she finds either her favorite tennis ball or her rubber mesh ball. She would play fetch with me until she dropped. She just loves playing fetch! Rosie is 2 years old this month. She is our family's "center"! I would love to have another one so she could have a companion but just can't swing it financially right now.

I hope to hear from others also!

Hi Cathy

I am the same I do everything with my Cavaliers. Unfortunately Harley got a leg injury from agility. And it seems his Agility days are over. We also do Rally Obedience and I just started my own rally Club as Rally is only getting popular here in the UK now you can't find that many clubs localy.
Thats Harley

085.jpg

HarleyEMDACJuly113-1.jpg

Welcome to CT, looking forward to getting to know you and your pup. They are wonderful dogs!

Sabby, sorry to hear about Harley, I know this must make you sad.

Back