• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Horrible eating fetishes

Blueroses

Why does Alfie want to eat cow, sheep and horse poo ? Every time we go across the fields where there are public footpaths, he makes a bee line for it ...... however, he leaves dog 'business' alone thank goodness !

Yuk ! :grnyuk:

Minnie makes it her job every day to hunt out fox poo in the park for her apres breakfast :yuk:

They do it because they're dogs and that's what dogs do.... :eek::eek: Just be glad he doesn't eat his own - some dogs do this, including one I had! Dogs have different standards and ideas about what is OK, so we can't judge them by ours, but we just have to try and work with them to teach them what we find acceptable behaviour for them when they live with is.

Bitches eat their pups' poop to clean up after them, and one of the reasons other dogs do it may be food related, i.e. there may be something lacking in their diet, and being scavengers they may eat all sorts of things that they feel are beneficial. The "official" name for this behaviour is cophragia, and if you do a Google search you'll find lots of discussion about reasons and possible solutions.

Rosemary

Bentley learned that he loved cow manure as soon as we brought him home at 10 weeks. Fortunately, he goes for the dried cow paddies - not the wet stuff (ugh) but I have to be very vigilant and not allow him to go into the cow pasture. He pulls on his leash in an effort to get under the fence where he'll find the stuff. Otherwise, he loves anything to do with cats. We have two outdoor cats and he likes their poop and vomit. That is worse than cow manure to me! I try to scan the yard as I'm taking him to potty so as to avoid any piles left by the cats. He does not bother his own, thank goodness. I don't think I could deal with that!

Back