• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog Foods

Swizz

We all have our favorite brands, for reason of our own. And with doing
a little research, it's surprising to see what goes into our Dogs
products, or should I say..what doesn't go into the food provided. We
trust fully in their guarantees to help make a healthy Dog, to what is
labeled..I know, one Dog to another is completely different, to the
next. But what brand do you guys prefer where satisfaction is
guaranteed. Whether being a Puppy/Junior or an, Adult.

I'm considering, James Wellbeloved..Has anybody else had any dealings with this brand. Thank's :)

My two do very well on Burns. I started them on the ordinary Burns, but now give them a variety called Alert, which is exactly the same and has a variety of flavours but has added glucosimine and counts as a food for working dogs and therefore has no VAT - a difference of over £3 on a 7.5kg bag. And Burns High Oats is great for getting weight off - some Cavaliers pile it on just looking at food, and you need to keep them trim for the sake of their hearts. A plus with Burns is that they never seem to need their anal glands emptied.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I have got three Cavaliers. 2 of them were ok with Burns but my Rosie was itching when she was on Burns. James Well Beloved 2 of mine were ok one got runny poo. They are now all happy with Natures Diet (Wet Food) .

Thank you, Kate & Sabby for your feed back. I think I will give James Wellbeloved a bash and see how he holds on that for a few days.

Just a small update on the food matter. I was feeding little, Harvey on Eukanuba from the first day of coming to his new home. He was eating it, but only in drips and drabs if you know what I mean. This morning I fed him on James Wellbeloved and I have to say, he couldn't get enough of it..If Harvey likes it, that's good enough for me Also knowing that it contains a good amount of goodness, is always a bonus

Hey gang..Just the smallest of updates to come. I had to change, James Wellbeloved to Applaws due to Harvey's motion being rather soft. How has he took to it? Pretty good I would say. As soon as I poured a hand full down into his bowl, he went wild for it lol and ate it all in one sitting, unlike James Wellbeloved. When I use to serve it down to him, he nibbled at it then walked away..then repeated that progress until' it became no more. I did happen to notice that he is drinking more with this new food. But all-in-all, I am keeping my fingers crossed for Harvey's sake!

I had fudge on james wellbeloved and noticed her dog eggs where very soft...i've changed her to Burns and she wolfs it down loves it.

food

Hi,
I raised Windsor ( 19 month old tri color) on Merrick Any time he gets anything else he has loose stools. I feed the Kibble, that comes in several flavors, along with a teaspoon of the meat mixed in. The meat comes in many varieties, including Grammy's Pot Pie, Turducken, Thanksgiving Feast, Cowboy Cookout,etc. The food actually looks and smells good. I've started Cambridge ( 3.5 month Blenheim) on the "Puppy Plate" and he is doing well

Back