• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello

Calandra

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading a lot about the Cavalier King Charles and look forward to getting my first one in the near future. I have been in touch with two responsible breeders in my area, and am just waiting for the right dog!

in the meantime, I am trying to learn as much about the dogs as I can. :smile:

Have a great Labor Day weekend
Calandra.

Be prepared to fall in love! We are ages 69 & 74, retired, and had never had a house dog before, and had never wanted one, but when I started seeing pictures of Cavs I started almost hurting for one. Hubby finally agreed and now he's over-the-top crazy about Bentley, who is 9 1/2 months and weighs almost 22 lbs. Today I actually held him on my lap like a baby with his nose pointing up under my chin and we both napped. I think Cavs may be more loving than many other dogs.

Hi and welcome. Yes, a cavalier will steal you heart. They are the best dogs on the planet!

Please make sure (if you haven't already) that you are looking to buy from a breeder who does the proper health testings and who MRI's her breeding stock to breed SM clear cavaliers. You will notice once you dig deeper into this website how heart breaking this disease is (for us humans, but more so for the dog in horrific pain). The only way to help this is to buy a puppy from MRI clear parents...it is the most important thing we can do for this breed.

Looking forward to seeing pics once you decide to bring one home!!

Great dogs

:l*v: Got my first Cavilier last year and he completely took over the household. Such loving,beautiful, dogs!
Tonight I picked up my second little boy. I got bothof mine through a rescue organization. Can't imagine these prescious little animals being raised in cages without human contact. There are some uncertainities about health issues as I have no way to trace breeders, but I am willing to take the chance to give them a loving home. If you have the time ( they do take time) you will love having a Cavalier!

Hi and welcome. Yes, a cavalier will steal you heart. They are the best dogs on the planet!

Please make sure (if you haven't already) that you are looking to buy from a breeder who does the proper health testings and who MRI's her breeding stock to breed SM clear cavaliers. You will notice once you dig deeper into this website how heart breaking this disease is (for us humans, but more so for the dog in horrific pain). The only way to help this is to buy a puppy from MRI clear parents...it is the most important thing we can do for this breed.

Looking forward to seeing pics once you decide to bring one home!!

Thanks for the advice will do.

Back