• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

new family member

raquelaustin

My name is Raquel. I am in the process of obtaining a cavalier from my boss. She got "Lady" mostly as a small dog for her kids. She personally, however, is not a fan of dogs so in the meantime her sister has her. I live in northeastern PA and last week we experienced severe flooding over a few days. During these few days, the sister left poor Lady at her house by herself. This concerned my boss, obviously, and she contacted me to find out if I would be interested in having her. I said ofcourse! So now it is just a matter of them getting her to me.. and also convincing my husband that it will be ok. My only concern, which I expressed to her, is how her and our male cat will get along. We just had an issue with him and a female cat who we had to rehome. She was bullying him. She did say Lady has never been around cats so I'm hoping everything will be ok. I have done a little research on cavaliers and found they get along well with other animals. Anyone have any advice on how to transition them to each other? Also, any other "bad" things I should know about cavaliers? I have read lots of good things about them and I am excited to welcome her into our home!

Back