PDA

View Full Version : Lost my soulmate Scooby Today - RIP my little fighter

smarsden99
1st October 2011, 02:00 PM
Just a brief note to say we lost Scooby today , he went into respiratory arrest and we had to let him go........

Thats all I can say for now....................

gamefanz
1st October 2011, 02:05 PM
I am so very sorry. My heart goes out to you and to your family. You are all in my thoughts. Scooby fought so hard, he was a super dog. He is now playing and watching over you. Many many hugs :hug::hug:

Becky

Love my Cavaliers
1st October 2011, 02:14 PM
Oh, I've been dreading this post. My heart goes out to you. I never knew you but I am crying for your loss. Scooby held on longer than any dog I've ever known. Rest in peace Scooby.

Pepe
1st October 2011, 02:43 PM
Run Free Scooby.

I understand what you are going through.

merello
1st October 2011, 04:08 PM
Sorry for the loss of your little Scooby :hug:

anniemac
1st October 2011, 04:16 PM
I'm so sorry. Tears are falling for scooby. Run free in rainbows bridge

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Charlifarley
1st October 2011, 05:19 PM
I too am really sorry to read about Scooby. He certainly hung on in there and must have had a great will to live. I know you will miss him dreadfully. At least you know that he is in a better place now and will be watching over you. :hug:

susandavis1
1st October 2011, 06:05 PM
Oh Sharon, I am so sorry for the loss of Scooby. He was such a brave little man and had such a strong will. Sending hugs to you :hug:
Run free dear Scooby

Sydneys Mom
1st October 2011, 06:19 PM
Sharon, I am so sorry. Scooby was such a little fighter and was happy to be with you. You took such good care of him. Both of you are an inspiration to both me and Sydney. Run free Scooby...*ng*l

Karen and Ruby
1st October 2011, 06:20 PM
I'm so so sorry Sharon.

I've been dreading this post, he stayed with you for so long and that shows how much he wanted to be with you.

RIP little Scooby :(

jasperpaw
1st October 2011, 07:08 PM
I am so very very sorry to read this, he was a little fighter, thinking of you and your family.:hug:

Brian M
1st October 2011, 08:28 PM
H

A thread we didnt want to see ,what a fighter ,farewell Scooby .:(

ashleighelizabeth
1st October 2011, 08:47 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you. Rest in Peace little Scooby. *ng*l

matties mum
1st October 2011, 08:48 PM
I am so very sorry to here this run free Scooby knowing how much you were loved
I'm Still Here

Friend, please don't mourn for me
I'm still here, though you don't see.
I'm right by your side each night and day
and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I'm always near.
I'm everything you feel, see or hear.
My spirit is free, but I'll never depart
as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I'll never wander out of your sight-
I'm the brightest star on a summer night.
I'll never be beyond your reach-
I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach.

I'm the colorful leaves when fall comes around
and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond,
The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring,
The first warm raindrop that April will bring.
I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,
and you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking there's no one to love you,
you can talk to me through the Lord above you.
I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,
and you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.
Just look for me, friend, I'm everyplace!

----Aileen

Nicki
1st October 2011, 09:00 PM
Our sympathies are with you and your family Sharon, many on the forum had grown to love your Scooby from your posts about him - he was obviously so loved and cared for, and will be very sadly missed.

Thank you for giving him a wonderful life full of love, and for sharing your precious boy with us.

Tribute to a best friend

Sunlight streams through window pane
unto a spot on the floor....
then I remember,
it's where you used to lie,
but now you are no more.
Our feet walk down a hall of carpet,
and muted echoes sound....
then I remember,
It's where your paws would joyously abound.
A voice is heard along the road,
and up beyond the hill,
then I remember it can't be yours....
your golden voice is still.
But I'll take that vacant spot of floor
and empty muted hall
and lay them with the absent voice
and unused dish along the wall.
I'll wrap these treasured memorials
in a blanket of my love
and keep them for my best friend
until we meet above.

Desrae
1st October 2011, 09:25 PM
I'm so sorry Sharon. My heart goes out to you. You gave Scooby a great life, he loved you so much. Run free, Scoobs!:hug:

denali
1st October 2011, 09:47 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I understand what you are going through.
And I shed a tear for Scooby.
I just want you to know that all of CavalierTalk is here for you.

RIP Scooby. Run free and frolic at the Rainbow Bridge.

Friend, please don't mourn for me
I'm still here, though you don't see.
I'm right by your side each night and day
and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I'm always near.
I'm everything you feel, see or hear.
My spirit is free, but I'll never depart
as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I'll never wander out of your sight-
I'm the brightest star on a summer night.
I'll never be beyond your reach-
I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach.

I'm the colorful leaves when fall comes around
and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond,
The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring,
The first warm raindrop that April will bring.
I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,
and you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking there's no one to love you,
you can talk to me through the Lord above you.
I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,
and you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.
Just look for me, friend, I'm everyplace!

----Aileen

That is just beautiful.

ByFloSin
1st October 2011, 09:57 PM
So sorry to read this Sharon. My heart goes out to you.

mommytoClaire
1st October 2011, 10:42 PM
Sharon, what a beautiful boy he was. I know this so difficult for you even though you've been fighting this a while. You've done such an unbelievable job with him. I am just grateful you have had this last month or so, even when you thought you'd have to make a decision back in August.

We are all shedding a tear with you. Hugs to you all. Come back when you can and tell us more about Scooby.

BrooklynMom
1st October 2011, 10:46 PM
Oh Sharon, I am so sorry to read this, the second I saw the title of your post, tears streamed down my face. That is just how much you and Scooby have touched all of our hearts. Most of us might not know you in person, but I know we all felt a bond with little Scooby, the fighter of all fighters.

Run free Scooby, to rainbow bridge, where all our other little four legged friends run too. Tell them hello for us and that we miss them. Watch over Sharon and fill her heart with love. You are an amazing dog Scooby and we all love you so much.

:hug:

Sabby
1st October 2011, 11:24 PM
My heart goes out to you Sharon. He had a wonderful life with you and now Scooby is running free at Rainbow Bridge.

sunshinekisses
2nd October 2011, 01:23 AM
I am sorry for your loss...Godspeed Scooby!

lovecavaliers
2nd October 2011, 02:23 AM
Sharon, I have been following all your threads. Scooby was such a fighter and you were a wonderful Mom to him. The loss is beyond words.
Thinking of you. May Scooby rest in peace.

Furrfoot
2nd October 2011, 03:24 AM
I'm so sorry...

mellie
2nd October 2011, 06:49 AM
Scooby held on so much longer than anyone expected...he was an amazing fighter. Thats a testament to the love he felt with you. So sorry for your loss, and the sadness that will consume you for a long time to come. But know that he is a sweet angel watching over you now, and that he felt every bit of love you gave him during his time here on earth. God bless.

lallysmum
2nd October 2011, 07:01 AM
How very sad, I am sorry for your loss.

Blueroses
2nd October 2011, 08:34 AM
I dont know you.... you dont know me, so why have the tears filled my eyes so much that I cant type properly? I see the love that's why.

So very sorry ...........

Sandrac
2nd October 2011, 09:21 AM
Sharon, so very very sorry to hear that Scooby has gone to the bridge. He so very much wanted to stay with you and your love and care gave him so much extra time with you. Remember his memory will stay in your heart always. :hug:

MurphysMummy
2nd October 2011, 10:36 AM
Oh my im so sorry :( Scooby really was a fighter. Rest in beautiful peace. xxx thoughts are with you Sharon
xxx

Chloeinalbany
2nd October 2011, 10:41 AM
We are very sorry to hear this. We also know for sure that Scooby is watching you just as you have been taking care of him. Run free Scooby, and we know you'll be waiting for your mum.

Ladybug
2nd October 2011, 10:44 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. Thinking of you, much love.

Matilda

Nicki
2nd October 2011, 12:13 PM
I dont know you.... you dont know me, so why have the tears filled my eyes so much that I cant type properly? I see the love that's why. One of the special things about this forum is how people support each other through the hard times, Sharon and Scooby obviously have a big place in many hearts. I know I become very attached to many of the precious Cavaliers on here, even though I've never met them, but you are right, it's the love we have for them that gives us a common bond.

I have just received a message from Sharon which I would like to share with you

Please can you pass on my thanks to everyone who has posted messages about Scooby , I am devastated that i have lost him he was my soulmate , my best friend and my constant companion , he never stopped fighting and his tail wagged until the end. it was sudden and is still a shock but he was very poorly and it is with all our love that we had to let him sleep in peace.

Myself and my family are now trying to deal with the grief of this terrible loss we had him over 9 years and a part of my heart has gone with him....

He is being cremated and me and the children have picked out his spot in our garden so he will always be close..

I just wish I could cuddle and kiss him one last time......

Thanks to you and all the guys for the support you have given me and Scooby I know that helped him fight on.

I have reassured Sharon that she and her family are in our thoughts, said that they will feel a little better once he is back home with them and maybe in the meantime they could choose a special plant to go in his place in the garden, [friends created a wee memorial area with a bench and plants for their Cavaliers.]

Jasperxxgabby
2nd October 2011, 02:56 PM
I am so sorry :(, my heartfelt wishes to you and your family :hug:.

murphy's mum
2nd October 2011, 04:39 PM
I am very sorry to read this. Scooby truly was a wee fighter, he fought so very hard to stay with you, and you know he'll be waiting faithfully for you at the bridge:hug:

Margaret C
2nd October 2011, 05:57 PM
I am so sorry to read that Scooby has died. Such a gallant little fighter, may he Rest In Peace.

He will have left you with such wonderful memories. I hope they will help you smile again as the heartache gradually fades.

HollyDolly
2nd October 2011, 06:41 PM
Thinking of you at this sad time.
Scooby was so special and I know you will miss him greatly.

Nanette

meljoy
2nd October 2011, 07:30 PM
I am so very sorry to read this. Im very choked to think you have lost your little man.
God bless, sending hugs and cavi kisses to you and your family.

Mel X

Tania
2nd October 2011, 09:13 PM
Sharon, I was so sorry to find out this morning you had lost your brave little boy. You have been through so much together. I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling. My heart goes out to you and your family. Sleep peacefully sweet little Scooby :hug:

pippa
3rd October 2011, 11:09 AM
So very Sorry Sharon. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the post I'm sure we were all dreading:(

My thoughts are with you and your family at this very sad time xx

Karlin
3rd October 2011, 07:48 PM
I am so sorry -- he had really hung in there and brought you so much joy. It is so hard to see them go. :( :( :flwr:

James
3rd October 2011, 08:20 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss

gyoselyn
3rd October 2011, 10:24 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Sharon. I've been following Scooby's story and I dread to see this post. My hear goes out to you and your family.

paula12
4th October 2011, 05:40 AM
My heart goes out to you, may Scooby rest in peace and run free with all our beautiful Cavs at the rainbow bridge.

Paula

Molly (female tri), Murphy (Blen boy, new kid on the block) and Bonnie (at the rainbow bridge)

emsley
4th October 2011, 07:28 AM
So very, very sorry to hear this heartbreaking news

Linda en Co
5th October 2011, 10:35 AM
RIP Scooby.
Sending hugs to you Sharon :hug:

smarsden99
6th October 2011, 10:42 AM
Hi,

Its been a few days since I lost my best friend scooby and I have cried for 3 days straight , he has left a hole in my heart when I lost him and I feel like the wind has been knocked out of me......

On a positive note I have ordered a memorial plaque to put in the garden when we get his ashes back it enscribed with 'Dogs leave a paw print on your heart' and then I have added a personal message for scooby. I have also used some recent photos I took of him and created a 2012 Scooby calendar so he can live on with us into the new year.

He was one in a million , his will to live was astounding and the move an pleasure he gave us in the 9.5 years we shared with him was amazing. Myself and my family are now trying to heal and move on as we know he is resting in peace and running free again at the Rainbow Bridge and he has my dad with him to look after him until one day we are re-united........

Thank you all for your kind words and support it has been a ray of light in this dark sad time....

Sharon (and her best friend scooby)
XXXXX

BrooklynMom
6th October 2011, 01:46 PM
Oh Sharon. I just have no other new words except that I am thinking of you, and have not stopes since this post was first written. Scooby was such an important part of your life, and that will take a long time to heal. Dogs are like losing a parent, a friend, a lover, a partner...because they fill that place in our hearts whenever that place feels empty throughout our lives. They morph to whatever we need them to be. That is the joy of them, but that is also why it hurts so much.

We are here for you, for anything, any support you needs. Hugs.

Sydneys Mom
6th October 2011, 04:20 PM
He was one in a million , his will to live was astounding and the move an pleasure he gave us in the 9.5 years we shared with him was amazing.

Sharon, I can still hear your heart breaking. But you are not alone. Scooby was very special and he captured all our hearts.

I have also used some recent photos I took of him and created a 2012 Scooby calendar so he can live on with us into the new year.

This is a wonderful idea! You have so many wonderful memories of him. He will live on in your heart forever.

Sending love,
Joyce :hug:

SuzRN
9th October 2011, 06:29 AM
So sorry for your loss. :(

LJW
9th October 2011, 08:17 AM
I don't know Scooby but can tell he had all your love x

smarsden99
10th October 2011, 04:35 PM
The vets have called me today to say scooby's ashes are back and ready to collect , I thought I was coping with the grief until I got that call and its knocked the wind out of me again.......

I thought getting his ashes would give me some relief but its brought back the pain of losing him again...... Iam going to work up the courage and go to the vets in the morning and pick him up then once we get his memorial plaque we can lay him to rest in the garden.....

I miss him everyday and will never forget him he lives on in my heart...

Sharon
XXX

Love my Cavaliers
10th October 2011, 05:22 PM
We put our german shepherd to sleep in 2003 and I think the reason I react so strongly and cry whenever I hear of anyone else having to do the same thing is because I still miss her and can remember that day so vividly. It was very peaceful, but so, so sad.

Your grief is still fresh. And you were on a roller coaster of emotions for such a long time before as Scooby brought you to the brink and back so many times. Your boy touched so many of us with his fight for life. I hope you find some peace.

Sydneys Mom
10th October 2011, 05:27 PM
Sharon, I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. Scooby will always be there with you. I would like to share a story. A very good friend lost her 14 year old pug in August. She was devistated. When her ashes were ready she fell apart and had a hard time driving to the vet to pick her up. However, once she got home she felt a sense of peace....her precious baby was home and back in the house. She still mourns her loss, but she feels her dogs presence now.

Sending hugs,
Joyce:hug:

pippa
10th October 2011, 07:06 PM
Just to let you know you are in my thoughts xx

smarsden99
11th October 2011, 09:17 AM
Well we plucked up the courage and went to collect scooby's ashes from the vets and his lead and collar , we all had a good cry when we got home with the tiny little box with his name on it ....... We r waiting until a lovely sunny day and then we are going to bury him in the garden , the kids have picked out next to their playhouse where we can see him from the house and it was his favorite corner of the garden.

Iam hoping once he is at peace we can start to repair our broken hearts and move on with our lives knowing he is always close by ......

Sharon
XXXX

susandavis1
11th October 2011, 09:24 AM
Oh Sharon, that's sounds like a lovely tribute to Scooby placing his ashes in his favourite corner and close to the children.
Sending you healing thoughts :hug:

Brian M
11th October 2011, 09:49 AM
Hi Sharon

Its a hard process to go through .I lost my two little white cats Ami and Tammi over a year ago, they had been with
me about 15 and 17 years .We had them cremated and they came back in beautiful wooden caskets and I still
have them both sitting on a window ledge in a back bedroom and I will lay them in the garden when I am ready.
So theres no rush to do anything you do it when you feel you want to .:)

Spangly
11th October 2011, 03:43 PM
I am sorry I have just caught up with this post. I'm so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

lindylou
11th October 2011, 09:26 PM
so sorry to hear about scooby its heart breaking when they leave us

paula12
12th October 2011, 09:11 AM
Hi Sharon

It's been just over a month since we lost Bonnie, so I know exactly the pain and loss you are feeling. We were lucky in the fact that we could bury her at home straight away and plant a beautiful flowering bush on her grave, I look out the window at this bush daily and remember her. Once you have layed Scooby's ashes to rest I hope you will find some peace knowing that he is near by. There are days that will be more difficult than others as there are little things that will remind you of Scooby but hopefully like all things time will heal the wounds. Our thoughts are with you.

pippa
12th October 2011, 12:00 PM
That sounds lovely Sharon. I hope it will help all of you, Scooby's passing is a huge loss to you all I'm sure, but what a lovely way to remember him.:flwr:

BrooklynMom
12th October 2011, 12:18 PM
Oh Sharon. I still tear when unread your posts. I am so happy he is at home with you now...healing is a long journey, so what ever you are feeling at any given moment, is the right thing to feel. We are thinking of you!!! xx

smarsden99
13th October 2011, 10:06 AM
Thank you all for your kind words about scooby.......

I have decided now I have had his ashes in the house close by for a couple of days I like the comfort they are giving me having him near , so I have ordered a more permanent subtle container to hold him and his lead and collar and he is going to stay in the house with me as thats what he did most days anyway..... We still have his memorial plaque which came yesterday and I cried its just perfect so we are going to place it in his favorite spot in the garden at the weekend......

I miss him with every passing day but in my heart I know I did the best for him throughout his life and he gave me so much love back...... He was and will always be my special little fighter......xxxxxx *ng*l

Sharon
XXX

Sydneys Mom
13th October 2011, 10:34 AM
Sharon, I'm so glad that having Scooby's ashes near you is giving you some comfort. Having a plaque outside will remind you of him every time the wind blows or the leaves flutter. I can't imagine how hard this is for you. Sending you comforting thoughts.

team bella
13th October 2011, 05:13 PM
Oh I'm glad that you've got some comfort having his ashes with you. I can't imagine how tough the last week or so has been on you. :hug:

Kathleen
14th October 2011, 12:44 PM
Sharon, I'm so sorry Scooby lost his battle, what a brave fighter he was. My thoughts are with you. x

smarsden99
16th October 2011, 01:08 PM
This poem came with Scooby's ashes its like he wrote his mum a message , I would like to share it with you all.

If it should be .....

]If it should be that I grow weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won. You will be sad, I understand;
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.
We've had so many happy years -
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
The time has come, so let me go.
Take me where my needs they'll tend
And please stay with me until the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.
Please do not grieve - it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years -
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

It says everything ....... Rest peaceful my little fighter XXXXXX

pippa
16th October 2011, 05:33 PM
That is beautiful....

night night Scooby x

LJW
17th October 2011, 01:39 PM
That brought me to tears, I hope you will enjoy the memories and not too sad x

Margaret C
17th October 2011, 04:09 PM
That is the poem that comforted me when Monty died.

smarsden99
22nd October 2011, 11:48 AM
Hi all,

Its been 3 weeks today since we lost scooby and it feels like three months , on a positive note we got his little urn this week its perfect , he is sat on his shelf in the kitchen with his lead and collar and it means I can get him down for a cuddle and kiss on the low days. Me and the kids placed his plaque in the garden last weekend in the perfect spot in the sun and I go and see him everyday.

I still have times when I cry and times when I smile when I remember the fantastic times we had together , he was my first dog and so Iam not sure what to do right or wrong so up to now I have followed my heart and it seems to be steering me well.........

I thank you all for your support you have given me and scooby through the past year its helped us through the darkest and hardest of times , I will keep in touch and who knows in time we may be ready to open our home and hearts to another cavalier.

Hugs
Sharon
XXX

pippa
22nd October 2011, 04:53 PM
Take care of yourself Sharon xx

Kathleen
22nd October 2011, 06:31 PM
:hug: Sending a big hug your way.

BrooklynMom
22nd October 2011, 09:34 PM
Sending you a big hug Sharon. I have been thinking about you! Please know that even if another cavalier is not in your near future, we are all still here for you...to support you on your bad days and to laugh with you through you through your memories of the good ones.
All the best to you.

Sydneys Mom
23rd October 2011, 12:10 AM
Scooby will always be special to you and your family. Remembering the good times will help you get through those days that your cry. Sending you hugs. :hug: