PDA

View Full Version : Cavalier 5 years old and no SM/CM

Linda en Co
5th October 2011, 11:28 AM
Hello Cavalierfriends,
After so much bad news about the Cavalier here in Belgium and The Netherlands I'm very happy that there is also some good news... this morning posted on a dutch Cavalierforum... Charley, 5 years old, MRI tested and has no SM/CM.
Let's hope there will be more such news in the future :xfngr:

sins
5th October 2011, 11:35 AM
Hi Linda,
Wonderful to hear such good news.It just shows the importance of scanning older cavaliers.
Best wishes to Charley and his fortunate owners.
Sins

BrooklynMom
5th October 2011, 12:02 PM
I love stories like this! Thank you for sharing!!!! Good news posts keep us all going. Happy happy.

Nicki
5th October 2011, 12:48 PM
Fantastic news!!!

Please could you ask them to send a copy of the report to Sarah Blott at the Animal Health Trust [with a copy of his pedigree] for the EBV project.

Please could they also get in touch with Penny Knowler [researcher] I understand they are trying to find dogs clear of CM. Thank you.

penny.knowler@ntlworld.com

Margaret C
5th October 2011, 01:46 PM
Fantastic news!!!

Please could you ask them to send a copy of the report to Sarah Blott at the Animal Health Trust [with a copy of his pedigree] for the EBV project.

Please could they also get in touch with Penny Knowler [researcher] I understand they are trying to find dogs clear of CM. Thank you.

penny.knowler@ntlworld.com

This is very good news indeed.

I understand that cavaliers without CM are very rare indeed so this dog will be invaluable to the researchers who are looking for the genes for CM and for SM.

I do hope the owner will contact Clare Rusbridge & Penny Knowler.

Linda en Co
5th October 2011, 04:39 PM
I'll ask this Cavalierfriend to contact those persons.

Linda en Co
6th October 2011, 02:48 PM
I'm so sorry but a new answer from the owner of Charley after a lot of reactions on that dutch Cavalierforum:

'After another consultation, it seems that there must have been a misunderstanding. Charley is SM free but certainly not CM free.'

Of course I am a little disappointed but fine that Charley still is SM free.

Margaret C
6th October 2011, 03:04 PM
I'm so sorry but a new answer from the owner of Charley after a lot of reactions on that dutch Cavalierforum:

'After another consultation, it seems that there must have been a misunderstanding. Charley is SM free but certainly not CM free.'

Of course I am a little disappointed but fine that Charley still is SM free.

Thank you for explaining about the misunderstanding. You are right, a five year old with no SM is still a cause for rejoicing.