• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vets that call to your home.

pippa

One of my cavaliers hates the whole envionment of the vets and gets very stressed with the other dogs etc. Thankfully he is in great health and only has to attend annually for check-up and vaccines.

I have heard that there is a practice that works covering the Dublin area and does house calls only (not sure if I can mention the name here).

Just wondered if anyone has used or could reccommend them, I am very happy with my vet for the other two but just want to spare this fella and me;) the stress of this once a year visit as my vet who is very popular has a full waiting room and always lots of dogs waiting outside which panics my little man.

I will consider asking my vet for a house call but as they are so busy, also I'm not sure they do house calls if not an emergency and I seen this one does specifically house calls wondered if I should try them.

Sydney gets the same way. Can't help you with a vet practice in Dublin, but what I do is call the vet office just before I leave home to see if they are running on time. This cuts down on the waiting time once we get there. Another thing some do (I've never tried it), is a supplement you can give before you go which will calm and ease the stress.

Also, if you feel strongly about having the vet come to you home, maybe your current vet will have some feedback on the person who does the house calls.

Pippa - please pm me and I'll let you know if I know the practice you are thinking of (and if I know whether they are any good!)

Back