• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Strange Dog/Dog Relationship between My Two Cavaliers

Desrae

My Belle and Bobby are really good dogs. They get along quite well, they're not best buds, but respect, and I would like to think, love each other. Lately, Belle has been trying to initiate play with Bobby and he's just not interested. He would rather look out the window at birds. She tried initiating play tonight and he snarled at her, she kinda snarled back (thinking it was play) and then he walked off... Belle proceeded to her sulking corner and wouldn't come around to anyone. I am worried because sometimes I think Belle seems depressed. Bobby will play fetch with me and Belle just goes to her bed to lay down. They are totally opposite personalities, Belle is quiet, cuddly, loving and gentle where Bobby is playful, barky and anxious.

What do you think? Those of you with multiple dog households, what are your dogs like together? Are they best buds, licking each others faces clean and all that or do they just tolerate each other?

Oh i'm sorry Desrae but my two are totally in love with each other.

Charlie looks up to her like a little brother should to his big sister. Dont get me wrong they dont have to be on top of each other all the time- they are happy on seperate sofas and everything but Ruby will play tug of war with him and they will bundle about the house together. He climbs all over her and she just lays there, he will sleep with his head on her and visa versa.

19451_263271613670_684988670_3519277_6229282_n.jpg

This was taken only a couple of weeks after he came to live with me.

She can be with out him but he cant bare to be with out her! Thats as she was alone for over 2 years before he came home to us but he has never been with out her!

But, she will have a go at him if he gets too much! But they do clean each others faces too!

I guess some dogs are very different!icon_nwunsure

Murphy and Misty get on well, but they never play in the house together unless Murphy has the "zoomies" and Misty shows some interest. Sometimes if we have been playing rough, and he runs up to Misty she'll play rough and tumble with him, but often she just turns and goes to bed. Murphy plays with us a lot, with stuffed toys or his rope, but Misty is never interested in playing with him, but then she rarely play with us with toys either. We're unsure if this has been because she is a rescue or due to her SM.

I think Misty loves Murphy, but Murphy simply likes Misty. She follows him around on walks, and quite ofter lies beside him, or even on top of him, Murphy normally just sighs at this.

My two get along well. They seem to love to snuggle with each other and Windsor finially has a buddy to play tug of war with the toys. ( The cats never got the hang of it). I feel a little sorry for the cats now as they were Windsor's playmates till Cambridge gt here and I think they're feeling a little left out now.

Thanks for your input guys. The weather was really horrible for two days and I couldn't get them out for a walk, maybe they were feeling a bit cooped up because of that, they love their walks! I wish they were lovey-dovey like some doggy companions can be, but it's not going to happen. I am always worried about how they are feeling (in terms of mood).

I was thinking that perhaps Belle doesn't play as much as Bobby because of possible sm, but she has not yet been diagnosed, due to lack of facilities and symptoms... only a matter of time :(

Back