• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Breathing fast while sleeping

sparkles

Do Cavs sometimes breath fast while sleeping??
I have a 10 month old who at the moment is breathing fast while asleep.
She was at the vet with cystitis on Tuesday. On Antibiotics. Eating and drinking and acting normal when awake.
Any answers would be appreciated.

Breathing fast all the time, or just some of the time? All the time would be worth talking to your vet about, but periods now and then when they breathe fast because they are dreaming, are pretty normal! Sometimes you see them moving their paws as if they are running, or making little noises as if they are barking in their dreams, as well. :)

In older dogs, really fast breathing while asleep can be associated with advanced stages of mitral valve disease, but you wouldn't be seeing that in a puppy.

I have only just noticed this one time. I didnt know why she was doing it. Thought cause maybe she was still a bit sick. I woke her up but went back to doing it when asleep again. It has been hot here too and when i had airco on she didnt do it during the night. Weird puppies. Vet has said her heart sounds good. At times yes her body shakes, paws move as if walking ha it is quite funnny!! the snoring is the thing that really makes me laugh, her snorting..... :badgrin:
Thanks for the reply...appreciate it......im finding this whole dog ownership thing hard as i think she is another child.....but our vet has been our second home this year from worms, sprained shoulder, ear infection, cystitis, diarrhea, infected anal glands....are cavs just that sensitive???

No only that once have i noticed the fast breathing.....she does dream, shake, paws walking, snoring and twitching haha quite cute :)
I thought as she had just been at the vet two days ago with cystitis, i figured that may be apart of it.....
My cav is precious and we have been at the vet for everything.....u name it :)
I am hoping this all settles down very soon.....
Thanx for your reply...ill be sure to keep an eye on it...vet said heart sounded good last check up :)

I was alos going to suggest dreaming!
My Kokoda does it, i would say there is no underlying helath issue.
But keep an eye out

Back