• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My Dog ate Cat Litter

sparkles

Hey,

My dog is obsessed with the cat litter. (I use breeders choice)
It is kept in his cat enclosure. Away from sparkles.
Any chance sparkles gets she will gobble some up.
Today was cleaning it out and i turned around and she had eaten thru the bin bag and was eating it!!!
Is it dangerous????
She also tries to eat the rabbit poo too, but doesnt get to that very often......
Help.........

Was it clumping cat litter?? I would think this would cause a problem in the intestinal track as it would turn into one big solid mass. How much did Sparkles eat? How long has it been since she ate it (and since then, has she eaten, pee'd, poo'ed??).

When in doubt, call the vet and ask what their thoughts are.

Dont think its a clumping one....its the breeders choice pellets made from recycled paper......
not sure how much she ate.....she scoffs everything.....
she has eaten it before and ive had no issues but not sure how much she ate this time......she has eaten, drank, wee but hasnt pooed yet, she normally goes morning and night so will see later.....
She is acting her normal self...its been 2hrs.
ill ring the emergency vet just in case.

I would just ring the emergency vet and tell them what happened, they have heard everything and might be able to tell you "no worries" or "keep an eye on it". Always best to ask...I call my vet all the time :) Usually they tell me nothing to worry about, but I always feel better checking.

In the mean time, I would just keep an eye on her. Obviously poo is a great sign that things are moving a-okay. Eating and drinking is good too.

I rang them...said it was a good litter to eat haha but to restrict water so it doesnt swell, feed moist food again to get it moving......she just did a huge poo......good sign???? haha yep i always ring the vet too.......im paranoid........
Thanks heaps for your replies.
Appreciate it........xxxxxx

Bobby did the same yesterday, I think he's fine, didn't have much! I need to closely supervise him when he's in thaw area!

Crazy dogs i tell you............lol
i only wanted one child but looks like i got another one......i worry just as much.......got to watch them 24/7...sneaky cheecky monkeys lol
Sparkles is the craziest dog. I keep the vet in business anyhow. ha
Sparkles seems fine too....
Thanx guys.........:)

Back