• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is This Normal Puppy Sleeping Behavior?

apwerner

I am probably paranoid, but every night Forrest has these "dreams" where he shakes a lot, breathes really hard and his heart races. Every night I worry, watch lots of YouTube videos of puppies sleeping, feel better about it and then the next night it worries me again.

Forrest is 9 weeks old and has been home a week. He sleeps pretty well through the night. I just recorded this video of him on my lap (sort of, he crawled into an awkward position he seemed to like)...so, is this normal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTXpAv0OkFo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

First off...how cute is Forest?!

Yes, that looks very normal to me. Brooklyn does that, sometimes she kicks hard too when she is sleeping, right into me! Sometimes she breathes heavy, sometimes just twitches and twitters, sometimes both. I would say...very normal.

Thank you, thank you. I just really needed reassurance from someone with experience! I'll go ahead & let him do his thing tonight & stop stressing. :)

Oh don't worry! Most of my posts on here are the "is this normal?!" kind of posts and 99% of the time it is, the reassurance just helps so much :)

ha sparkles does that too...breeder warned me about that when i picked her up as to not freak me out.......its cute really......her snorting and snoring freaked me out more....she said they snore, but seriously!! we are going camping, betta warn the tent next to us, they wil think it is me hahaha

He's adorable, and completely 'normal'. My Jessie looks as though he's performing Broadway musicals in his sleep.
Besides the normal twitching, he often runs, wags his tail and yaps in his sleep too.

Thank you! I appreciate it :) I was able to enjoy his funny sleeping antics a little more last night knowing it's normal :)

Back