PDA

View Full Version : up in the night

Nalu
5th November 2011, 02:30 PM
Nalu has had to go out a couple times in the night lately. I assume this isn't normal. She used to sleep through the night. She's 21 months old. I made an appointment for Monday and will bring in a urine sample.

ashleighelizabeth
5th November 2011, 03:16 PM
Poor Nalu. Hope you find out what is going on so that you both can get some sleep. :)

BrooklynMom
5th November 2011, 09:19 PM
Yes, I would say not normal. My best bet would be what you are already thinking...like a urinary tract infection.

On a side note, how on earth does one for about getting a urine sample for a dog? I have always wondered that.

Will be thinking of you guys!!

lucidity
6th November 2011, 01:15 AM
I would guess UTI as well.. Definitely bring a urine sample to the vet.

Brooklynmom, I was wondering that too, and the other day I went to google it and found this ingenious idea! Slide a small flat (with low sides) plastic container under the dog when she starts squatting. Someone else suggested a ladle, but for the life of me I can't imagine doing that, LOL.

Nalu
8th November 2011, 01:16 AM
Nalu was diagnosed with a bladder infection and sent home with two weeks worth of a mild antibiotic to be take twice a day. Causes can include stress, new diet, being without water too long, or having to hold it too long. I was in on vacation for a week recently, so she's probably glad to have me back! I'll be glad when I no longer have to wake up every few hours and gear up for the cold outdoors.

BrooklynMom
8th November 2011, 10:53 AM
Awe...get well soon Nalu!! Glad you found out what was wrong and hope for a quick recovery!!