• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

up in the night

Nalu

Nalu has had to go out a couple times in the night lately. I assume this isn't normal. She used to sleep through the night. She's 21 months old. I made an appointment for Monday and will bring in a urine sample.

Yes, I would say not normal. My best bet would be what you are already thinking...like a urinary tract infection.

On a side note, how on earth does one for about getting a urine sample for a dog? I have always wondered that.

Will be thinking of you guys!!

I would guess UTI as well.. Definitely bring a urine sample to the vet.

Brooklynmom, I was wondering that too, and the other day I went to google it and found this ingenious idea! Slide a small flat (with low sides) plastic container under the dog when she starts squatting. Someone else suggested a ladle, but for the life of me I can't imagine doing that, LOL.

bladder infection

Nalu was diagnosed with a bladder infection and sent home with two weeks worth of a mild antibiotic to be take twice a day. Causes can include stress, new diet, being without water too long, or having to hold it too long. I was in on vacation for a week recently, so she's probably glad to have me back! I'll be glad when I no longer have to wake up every few hours and gear up for the cold outdoors.

Back