PDA

View Full Version : Great News About Blitz

Reptigirl
8th November 2011, 04:01 PM
I'm sure many remember Blitz was heartworm positive when I got him. He has a very heavy load of heartworms. We chose the slower form of treatment since my vet was concerned he may not survive the traditional treatment of injections. He received a pulsed Doxycycline treatment + heartguard for 9 months. He finally tested negative for heartworms yesterday :w**h**::w**h**:. Even my vet was surprised he cleared up so quickly. No kennel rest was ever required. He has shown so much improvement over the last couple months I'm sure do to the decline of heartworms. Blitz used to struggle to run and play. Now he runs like the wind without any problems. He has also finally started to get a soft beautiful coat in, his chest no longer appears disproportional to his body and he is overall a very happy playful dog. Total cost of treatment (including heartguard, testing, vet visits & antibiotics) $160. The traditional injections would have costs us $600 - $700!

ashleighelizabeth
8th November 2011, 04:10 PM
That's great news!!!:jmp2:

Karlin
8th November 2011, 04:26 PM
Wow, fantastic! You must be so pleased. cl*pcl*pcl*p

anniemac
8th November 2011, 04:34 PM
Great newscl*p:jmp2: So happy for you

Sydneys Mom
8th November 2011, 04:41 PM
:jmp2::jmp2:

Soooooooo happy for you and Blitz!

ByFloSin
8th November 2011, 04:58 PM
Absolutely fantastic news. I am so happy for you :jmp2:cl*p:jmp2:

susandavis1
8th November 2011, 05:34 PM
:w*w:Great news, go Blitz!

Love my Cavaliers
8th November 2011, 05:44 PM
Amazing!!! You are such an angel for rescueing Blitz and Holly. I hope they all live long and healthy lives now, despite the SM.

Margaret C
8th November 2011, 06:09 PM
You deserve something to go right for you and so does Blitz. I am so very pleased for you both.

Sabby
8th November 2011, 07:56 PM
Thats fantastic news. I am so pleased. You done so much for both the dogs.

JessieAndMe
8th November 2011, 08:18 PM
:*nana: That's wonderful news. May Blitz grow from strength to strength.

Desrae
8th November 2011, 09:36 PM
Wow! Great job, what a difficult thing to get rid of, and he's clear, you must be so happy!

Kate H
8th November 2011, 09:45 PM
Top marks to your vet as wellcl*p

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Lani
8th November 2011, 10:13 PM
Wow!! That is such great news. I'm really happy for you & Blitz!

BrooklynMom
8th November 2011, 10:15 PM
Wow oh wow!!! What wonderful news!!!! It makes me so happy for Blitz. I love when CT gets hit with the good news :)

mommytoClaire
9th November 2011, 12:22 AM
That is fabulous news, and as Margaret said, you are so deserving of something really good.

Hugs to Blitz from Claire and I

Blondiemonster
9th November 2011, 02:43 AM
Go blitz!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlifarley
9th November 2011, 11:18 AM
I'm delighted for you both. That's brilliant news, well done :p

lucidity
9th November 2011, 12:07 PM
Wow, that's amazing!! Good job! I've never actually known anyone whose dogs' heartworm was cleared by this treatment as opposed to the arsenic based one. Such great news!